Bradley-Big Easy Turkey Breast

Started by nickld, January 10, 2009, 04:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickld

Got a chance to break in my Big Easy today. Had about a five pound, bone-in turkey breast. Lightly oiled and used equal amounts of kosher salt, pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, and Oklahoma Joe's Hob Rub & Yard Bird seasoning.

After two hours smoke at 175f using apple/maple....

In the Big Easy...

I pulled the breast when the IT reached 150f, tented in foil.  Carryover took it to 160f...

Skin nice and crispy, good smokey flavor.... and JUICY!!!!!

All in all I'm very satisfied.  May cut the smoke down to 1 hour 40 minutes next time... Right now its time to eat!

FLBentRider

Looks great. I'm gonna have to get me one of those big easy things.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Looks like the BE really browned that skin good!  Good looking bird!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caribou

That came out beautiful Nickld...bet it tastes even better!
Thanks for sharing your great photos, too.
ps: did you go to Spokane for Christmas?
Carolyn

nickld

Thanks folks....  I used the Big Easy with the cover on for about the first 30 minutes.  Took almost 1 hour in the BE.

Carolyn, I did indeed go to Spokane for Christmas.  Just in time to see about five feet of snow fall!  Needless to say, I didn't get out much.  It was quite beautiful and it was great to see family.

Cheers...

~Nick

La Quinta

I have such Big Easy envy...Dang...that bird looks great!! Well done nickld....  :)

Smokin Soon

You Just go Nik! Just figure out the amount of smoke that suits your taste and you will have the best Wings,Chik Quarters,Chik Breasts and anything Turkey!
Happy Smokin!

nickld

Thanks folks!  The leftovers made a great smoked turkey white chili.

On top of the spareribs this weekend I might just do a mess of drumsticks in the Bradley/Big Easy. Maybe wings but I think drumsticks are on sale at the local Safeway.

~Nick

Caribou

Wow that looks good!
What great presentation...it's a picture that looks like it came out Sunset or something.
Very nice!
Carolyn

stillsmoking

Beautiful nickld!  The Big Easy has become a permanent part of the cooking/smoking routine around here for the reasons you just showcased.