Tasso and wings

Started by KyNola, January 11, 2009, 09:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Have 8 pounds of pork butt seasoned and smoking 2 hours of hickory to make tasso.  Since I had room, I also put in 48 chicken wings.  Jan like spicy wings.  I hurriedly grabbed the wrong container and rubbed half of them with the Renowned Mr. Brown butt rub so she is going to HAVE some spicy wings. :o  The other half is rubbed with Jan Dry Rub.

From the kitchen I just heard "want some smoked cheese"?  I'm gonna keep this woman!!! ;D

KyNola

FLBentRider

Sounds like a keeper to me, KyNola!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Sounds like the smells coming from the Bradley are gonna be awesome!  Gotta agree on the keeper part as well, KY.  Making rubs, asking for cheese.......you sure picked right  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

seemore

We love tasso!  Where are the pictures?????
seemore

KyNola

Seemore,
I KNEW somebody was going to bust me about the pics.  Sorry, battery dead in the camera but trust me, it's got a great smoke smell and it will light you up if you try it by itself!  Gonna be great in some red beans & rice, gumbo, jambalaya, pot of beans.  Dang, now I'm hungry again.

KyNola

Gizmo

That ain't right talking dirty like that KyNola, I still have 30 minutes before the Ribs, baked potatoes and croisants come out.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

Sorry Giz.  Sometimes I just can't help myself.  I don't know what comes over me. ;)

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Here KyNola

you can use my tasso pic  ;D

nepas

KyNola

Thanks NePaS.  There you go guys, this is the mark of a true friend when he will loan you his tasso pics. :D 

That is really lean looking tasso NePaS.  The 8 pound butt I had contained quite a bit of fat streaking through it.   Would have made a great buckboard bacon.  I like me some pork fat anyhow.

Thanks again my tasso smoking friend!
                  KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on January 15, 2009, 10:51:37 AM
Thanks NePaS.  There you go guys, this is the mark of a true friend when he will loan you his tasso pics. :D 

That is really lean looking tasso NePaS.  The 8 pound butt I had contained quite a bit of fat streaking through it.   Would have made a great buckboard bacon.  I like me some pork fat anyhow.

Thanks again my tasso smoking friend!
                  KyNola

No problemo my friend  ;D

That tasso is loin strips.

nepas

seemore

thanks nepas  at least somebody is looking out for our interests  :)
seemore

just kidding Kynola!!!!!!!

KyNola

Couldn't agree with you more Seemore.

NePaS, have never done tasso with pork loin before but I can sure see that working!

Thanks for all of your help.

KyNola