New product on the market

Started by Toker, May 08, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

manxman

Interesting, takes me back a few years when several forum members advocated the addition of a fan to the Bradley Smoker in a similar fashion to those that advocate dual heating elements. Seem to remember there were plans on this forum for a DIY fan installation?

Auber ship internationally, I had a PID for my Bradley shipped to the UK and thoroughly recommend them. Thanks Toker  :)
Manxman

Toker

I remember it too [emoji16]. I was one of them [emoji57]

manxman

"I was one of them"

Did you ever get a DIY version working satisfactorily?  :)

Suppose it could be useful to get some air flow to assist pellicle formation prior to cold smoking the likes of salmon etc as well?
Manxman

Toker

At the end, I've found it more works to installed tan good cooking results. In others words, not so worthy.

Toker

Here's a couple of pictures of the fan installed

TMB

Interested to see how this unit works and holds up over time
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Toker

Sorry TMB just finished the installation did not have time to test yet.

TNRockyraccoon

Any feedback on how it's working?

Definitely looks like it could move plenty of air. Looks like an easy install job as well.

I did a fan mod on my OBS several years ago, where everything but the blade was on the back of the cabinet.....but that blade and shaft were constantly gooped up and I eventually quit using the fan for most of my smokes. I found it worked ok when the load was light, ie. almonds, a few racks of jerky, salmon etc. Not so well with heavy loads like a pork butt or whole chicken. I just don't think it moved enough air.

Toker

Like a charm surprisingly [emoji16] even the probe on the door became accurate [emoji23]and compared to the fan you're talking about ( I have one of those too [emoji16] ) the installation was a breeze [emoji16]

jpowers40828

I installed the same one, it was very simple. The only thing i did differently than the instructions was take off the rear panel and use a large washer instead of securing the fan to the panel.