How the Wood burns

Started by Sheriff, January 21, 2004, 09:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzybear

My tracking number has arrived - delivery set for 2/13 - Friday!!

Yeehaw!!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Sheriff

Fuzzybear,

I got my BS SS today, just put it together.  One question, the Bisq burner touches the water drip pot.  Is this ok?

Sheriff

Fuzzybear

Well sir, I don't have mine yet so I'd be hard pressed to give you an answer...somewhere else in this forum, someone had a problem with the water bowl hitting the feeder....I think it needs to be just a tad below it so that the crispy puck plunks down into the water

I think Kirk can give you a better answer than I...

Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

Terry:

How'd the first smoke turn out?

Glendora, CA - USA!

Sheriff

Fuzzybear,  
 Have not had a chance yet.. will advise..have to many night functions to attend..

Sheriff

Kummok

Sheriff:
First...the hot plate/ramp should NOT touch the bowl. Check the mounting posts onm the smoke generator to ensure that they are properly seated and not cocked at an angle. After checking that, be certain that the drip pan (bottom) isn't bent or otherwise pusing up the bowl. If necessary, lightly bend the ramp upward (Or call Bradley for help/replacement if you don't mind the slight delay) In Alaska, we fold, spindle, and mutilate cause EVERYTHING takes longer to do/ship/etc. up here and we don't like to wait too long if we can destroy stuff ourselves [;)]

Second....I understand the retirement thang....35 years of emergency service/law enforcement was enough for me to retire early (BEFORE I was accused of already being retired[;)])

Third....I learned A LONG TIME AGO, when someone says, "Help the Texas (or country) Boy out"....Stay Alert!!  Texans are waaaaay smarter than what they'd like us to think[;)]  But to answer your question....the quartz tube is the heat source, it's on the bottom, inversion is just recommended for better heat/cooking distribution for hung items, since the bottom of the meat is closer to the heat source. "Squaw Candy" is, besides Winter King Bacon, my personal favorite processed salmon. It's prepared by mostly drying with VERY light smoke and some don't use any smoke......I've not actually made it, but eaten plenty that was prepared by Native Alaskans, who do it best! The King Salmon Bacon is a very close second and is made of King Salmon bellys HEAVY with fat, using heavy smoke and looooong cooking time, up to 36 hours.....VERY TASTY!

Come on up and go fishing when you get tired of the politics!....maybe Fuzzybear will have his BS by then.....ouch!, I'm gonna suffer for that! [;)]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Sheriff

Kummok,

Thanks for that info on the adjustment, I will give her a good look. Yea, got a big laugh about Fuzzybear... I was going to wait till after Easter, and if he had'nt got it by then, I was gona cook him something real nice and send it his way...  My wife and I made that 7 day Ak. cruise about 4 yrs ago after the Natl. Sheriff's COnf. in Portland. Went with about 30 other Sheriff's, we had the best time of our life... Maybe someday I'll take you up on that..thanks

Sheriff

Fuzzybear

Hey!

It's a great story!

Sheriff:  There ain't enough of you guys out there as far as I'm concerned...in any State! I wish things were more equitable for the law enforcement profession - you guys put it out there every day you turn the key in the ignition...

Although born in New York (pops was in the service) Texas (Fisher County) runs deep in our blood!  At least 150 years...I know, cause I've been to the Dairy Queen in Rotan, got directions to my uncles house and then visited the cemetary there.  That family is all gone now, relatives are in Dallas now.

Don't mess with Texas!!

Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Sheriff

Fuzzybear,

Thanks for those good words.. We just had to have a little fun with you on your delivery problems.. Hey,I am real close to your folks, I'm Collin County we boarder Dallas on the north..  Once again Kirk came thru on the info I was hunting..The go to people Chez Bubba. Thanks guys..

Sheriff

Sheriff

Kirk,

I emailed Bradley and they advised it did not matter if the drip pot touched the the bisq. burner, just make sure the bisq can drop in the pot.. That was from Meghan Rough, Bradley Technologies Canada Inc. Just FYI

Sheriff

Fuzzybear

I don't mind a good ribbin' Sheriff - it's best when I can laugh at myself!

And if I don't mind saying, real life stories often make the best ones to laugh about.

Today is Friday the 13th...my fingers are crossed that FedEx will deliver on time and in a perfect condition package.....[:D]

Glendora, CA - USA!

ChefJeff

FuzzyBear-You will get your BS in time for Easter and I might get mine in time for July 4th.[:(][:(]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Fuzzybear

*****UPDATE******
Per the FedEx website, my parcel is about 10 miles from home at their local distribution point.......[8D]

I'll be smokin by Saturday...hang in there Chef - I'm really hoping you don't have to wait that long.

Glendora, CA - USA!

Sheriff

Fuzzybear,

this Texas boy got his fingers crossed for you!!!Good luck..

Sheriff