Cold snap coming

Started by FLBentRider, January 13, 2009, 05:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLBentRider

I picked up another 16lb's of cheese to smoke Friday morning. Temps in the 40's WOO HOO !!

<I know some of y'all are freezing your pucks off, and here I am jumping up and down over lows in the 40's....sorry>
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 13, 2009, 05:06:18 PM
I picked up another 16lb's of cheese to smoke Friday morning. Temps in the 40's WOO HOO !!

<I know some of y'all are freezing your pucks off, and here I am jumping up and down over lows in the 40's....sorry>

Ahhhh... yaaaa... we're going to be 45 degree tonight... that's minus 45.  ;D

Plus I spent about 4 to 5 hours moving snow... Man... I'm green, no wait... blue with envy FLB!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

I gotta make a cheese run too, got my Bradly add-on thingie from Brian and have not even tried it yet! These 10 hour work days are killing me!  :P

Gizmo

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 13, 2009, 05:06:18 PM

Not quite so much here, been in the low 90s and high 80s here the last few days.  Suppose to stick around for a few weeks just in case you need to thaw out your toes.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Low 80s and 90s? I don't like it when it in the 90s during the summer!  ;D

sherlock

FLB we are thinking alike.
:)
This may need to be a years supply...........

easyridinole

I only wish you guy's could send some warm air this way and I would trade you for some nice Wisconsin cheese. ;D It was -20 degrees yesterday and supposed to be -25 degrees tomorrow night.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

aces-n-eights

Hey it's 35° above here in Alaska -- and rain.  The roads are a complete mess.  I moved my smoker inside the garage so now i can use it year around.  I may have to move it outside and do a load of cheese...  hmmmmm
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Wildcat

Quote from: aces-n-eights on January 14, 2009, 11:22:18 AM
Hey it's 35° above here in Alaska -- and rain.  The roads are a complete mess.  I moved my smoker inside the garage so now i can use it year around.  I may have to move it outside and do a load of cheese...  hmmmmm

Something is wrong with this picture.  Going into the 20's tonight and mid to upper teens tomorrow night here in northern FL.  :P
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Its 19* right now. Supposed to get around 7* tomorrow  :o

nepas

pensrock

NEPAS my friend, its coming your way. Today it was -1 this morning, supposed to be colder tomorrow and Fridays high in the single digits. We are to get about 5" more snow tonight. Gotta LOVE this weather!  ;) ;D ;D

seemore

We just got nailed with 6-8 inches of snow overnight.  Now the cold front is moving in, and it is supposed to be -14 tonight.  Of course, that pales in comparison to what Mr. Walleye deals with at this time of year.........
I just heard a snow plow go by...probably putting sand down.  Once that wind picks up, whatever snow is on the pavement will turn to ice.
They have already cancelled local schools tomorrow due to the extreme cold.  Why can't they cancel work the same way?   ???

HCT

It's 10 here, not to mention the wind chill.
FLB, you're in a new england heat wave. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

carnie1

:D Was about 40 here in south Fl this morn, they say with the wind chills it will be in the 30's tonight :D

IKnowWood

I don't know about you-all but I am done with Winter.  Not an inch of snow yet in eastern Maryland but its been cold.  Last Saturday power went out in the 6 AM time.  By 6:25 AM I was calling power company on Cell, it was -0.7 outside.  House only got to low 60s before power came back on. 

Can't wait for warmer air.  Its not fun woodworking in 30 degree temps in the garage.  And that was with a heater on.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes