Eagle picture

Started by okeejohn, January 15, 2009, 12:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeejohn

Tenpoint5

Okay if you want to call that a picture of an Eagle. That's fine with me. Although it does have a striking resemblance to smoking cheese!! Hope the wing gets to feeling better.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

aces-n-eights

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Habanero Smoker

Mature Bald Eagles are beautiful birds. In the past decade they have been returning to the area. These days I see them often along the Hudson River.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 16, 2009, 01:25:12 AM
Mature Bald Eagles are beautiful birds. In the past decade they have been returning to the area. These days I see them often along the Hudson River.

Yeh, I agree.  Love seeing pics of them.  I have some pics, but nothing very good of an eagle yet.  Most are from Alaska, in not so good light - so not particularly sharp.  15 years ago built a hacking tower on my bosses property and as a result, we now have them back in our area also.  Month ago on my favorite river, one flew up river going right over our boat.  I had purposely brought my camera and long lens just tp get of pic of an eagle, but I was in so much awe, I just stood there looking up.  Years ago, was up  out of Ketchikan trolling for salmon, when we came up on a small island with just 2 trees on it.  On one of the trees, it looked like it had some weird foilage.  As we got closer we found out that it was covered up in immature eagles.  I counted up to 35 and stopped, but there was perhaps that many more in the tree.  Awesome sight.

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Air
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

okeejohn

sodak

Got a bunch of 'em coming back out here on the Missouri River, too.

beefmann

beauitful pictures of Eagles... thanks for  sharing

Caribou

I do not have any great eagle photos like the ones that are being posted but I have got a wild turkey photo.

I think they may be conjoined ;)
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

Cool pics......I love pics of wildlife.  I never get to see them here in Indiana but got to see a bunch of them up in Northern Ontario.  Incredibly majestic bird.  Additionally, if memory serves me correctly, there was some talk way back in the day of making the wild turkey the national symbol of the US (although I could be wrong about that).  Those are some great pics of the turkeys.

Carolyn, wasn't it you that posted those pics of the grizzly as well?  Those were some incredible pics!  I had some really good ones of some extremely huge whitetail deer both in the sparring state as well as the mating state.  Unfortunately, those disks I had them on were destroyed in the fire  :'(

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

aces-n-eights

Great eagle pic, okeejohn!  Where was that taken?

Cool turkeys, too!  They're even in step with each other!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Caribou

Thanks!
I didn't take the grizzly pictures SD, but I wish I had!
I think you're right, I heard somewhere that Ben Franklin wanted the wild turkey for the national bird.
We have a group of them that comes around here to be fed, there's even a white one that we named Moby.
Carolyn

IKnowWood

We got some of these majestic birds up here in Maryland Easter Shore.  Quite a few up here.  Lots of open land big fish and smaller creatures.  There is one adult that roams the area around where we life, we see him frequently in the fields roadside of Rt 301, Major road up here.  Either in the fields eating or dive-bombing for prey or chasing other birds.  Its great to catch sight of them.  We saw one over on the lower shore in the back side of a campground up in the trees around a marshy area with a huge fish in mouse and other birds near by hoping for any leavings. 

No grizzly's but a few black bears roaming around also, got lost coming down from PA, they have been spending the last few months eating bird seed from folks backyards.  Hopefully they made it up back north or somewhere else. Not much food and shelter around here.  No hills.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 16, 2009, 01:25:12 AM

They have been returning to CT also.  Weather permitting I am hoping to see some on Sunday.  There is an observation area at the Shepaug Dam on the Housatonic River & I have reservations.  Last year they averaged 7 eagles on the visiting days.  I'm hoping that I can gets some pics but will be happy just to see some.