Eagle picture

Started by okeejohn, January 15, 2009, 12:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-n-eights

Here's another i took in Homer Alaska - Kummock's home town.  This was out on the Homer spit and i call the picture "Burp" because it looks like this eagle just got done with a big meal.

By the way, the "Homer Eagle Lady" died this past week - she was quite a character.  Here is an article about her in our local paper...

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/011509/new_280356317.shtml

US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Caribou

Great picture An8!
Thanks for sharing the Homer Eagle Lady with us, too.
Carolyn

HCT

Debs, a few have been introduced here along the Housatonic also. They are beautiful to see.

Beautiful pic A&8's
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Caribou

The turkeys showed up for breakfast this morning and I took a picture so I could show everybody the white one.
He's not an albino or domestic turkey but he is a throw back to some domestic blood that was introduced somewhere along the line by fish and game.
Well, that's what ID F&G told me when I asked them. 
Carolyn

Smoking Duck

Do they come around like that during turkey season, Carolyn?  ;D ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Caribou

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! They do SD! ;D ;D ;D
But we don't hunt them.
Carolyn

stillsmoking

Okeejohn, great eagle picture, you really captured it!  A&8's nice eagle also.  Will have to look around here and see if I can locate a few good pics.  We have one picture somewhere that you can count 17 eagles in one tree, we counted 51 eagles total in that spot.  Sometimes in the winter and early spring we get quite a bunch below the house on the beach.  When we get deep snow life gets hard for everything and available food draws a crowd.  It's kind of fun to watch the progression of birds and the pecking order.  Often the sea gulls find the food first but the crows will move them off the food even though they are smaller.  The crows give way when the ravens show up and of course the other birds make way for the eagles.  Having said that I have watched crows tug on the the tail feathers of the eagles and have captured it on film with my camcorder.  I have also watched crows mob lone eagles and drive them off.  Nice pics all, really enjoy the birds! 

Gizmo

Quote from: Caribou on January 17, 2009, 01:17:18 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! They do SD! ;D ;D ;D
But we don't hunt them.
Carolyn

Can I?   :D

MMMMMMmmmmm  Wild Turkey and not the liquid kind.  ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

DrtiBird

Quote from: Caribou on January 16, 2009, 08:31:17 AM
I do not have any great eagle photos like the ones that are being posted but I have got a wild turkey photo.

I think they may be conjoined ;)
Carolyn

Don't feel too bad Carolyn, the turkeys taste better than the eagles and there are more recipes!   ;D  ;D
Ron/DrtiBird
Gainesville, GA

cowgirl

deb415611

This is what I did this morning.  About 20 degrees & snowy.  Saw two adults and missed the two immatures....

Shepaug Dam, Southbury CT

stillsmoking

Okeejohn and A & 8's, this picture doesn't have the detail of your pictures but shows a little eagle convention on the beach below the house.

How many can you count?

Gizmo

Nine possibly ten if you talking just the eagles.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Bradley (Head Office)

stillsmoking

11 it is!  At one point there were 17 either in the air or on the ground.  If you look close you can see a salmon in the talons of one eagle and there were other smaller pieces scattered around the beach.