A good Cleaner

Started by carnie1, January 17, 2009, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnie1

I have been using this cleaner for a few yrs now and it will make smoke residue melt off, just spray it on and the residue will drip off, I get it at an RV supply , its called Korkay cleaner
    Korkay® Spray Cleaner # 194    http://korkay.com

La Quinta

Carnie...are you talking about cleaning the racks....the V pan, the bowl...???

Smoking Duck

I would only consider using it on the door and the outside of the smoker........anything that comes into contact with food only gets elbow grease and dish soap around here.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

I'm with the Duck on this one.  Wouldn't use this on any surface that is going to contact food.

KyNola

Gizmo

Carnie, What is the active ingredient?
I have seen some good cleaners (for other puposes) that were very effective at what they did, were bio degradable, and so human friendly, you could drink it.  They may not have been the smokin grease cleanin stuff, but good at other things.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Here is the MSDS on the product. The Product Brochure states it is safe for kitchen use.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

carnie1

Quote from: La Quinta on January 17, 2009, 06:37:31 PM
Carnie...are you talking about cleaning the racks....the V pan, the bowl...???
Thats primarily what I use it for, plus around the house I use it a lot too

La Quinta

I appreciate the post Carnie...I usually do the racks in the dishwasher....but dang the pan and the bowl get nasty (especially on the bottom)...

Thanks...I'll look into that stuff...

LQ

carnie1

It works super on the tray, bowl and drip pan. I'll try and get a pic when I'm done today

carnie1

How to clean a bottom tray in 1 minute

5 seconds 30 seconds 1 minute

Smoking Duck

It does work good......... I never really clean the bottom tray though........my food never comes into contact with it and maybe I'm just lazy.  Now, I do the V-tray and the water bowl and food trays, but that's about it as far as the inside is concerned.  You might want to store up on  that stuff, Carnie.............all the places around here (Kokomo is about 90 minutes south of me) that are in business to support the RV industry are drying up pretty quickly.  Just lost another axle manufacturing company that closed its doors on Saturday.  Seems like that place would be safe as it also supports the marine industry, but you never know.  A lot of businesses in northern Indiana are drying faster than bird poop on a hot rock.

SD

Mr Walleye

Holy crap Carnie!  :o

That stuff looks like it works great! I just had a look for it... but as usual it looks like they don't sell it in Canada...  :'(

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 19, 2009, 01:03:45 PM

That stuff looks like it works great! I just had a look for it... but as usual it looks like they don't sell it in Canada...  :'(

Mike

Mike,

When you come visit me, the company is only 90 minutes south of me and every one should go to Kokomo once in their lives  ;D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 19, 2009, 01:07:27 PM
Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 19, 2009, 01:03:45 PM

Mike

Mike,

When you come visit me, the company is only 90 minutes south of me and every one should go to Kokomo once in their lives  ;D

Road Trip!...

I'm in!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!