OMG getting old!

Started by westexasmoker, January 18, 2009, 12:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Quote from: Caribou on January 19, 2009, 07:29:09 AM
.......I had puka shells, too!
Carolyn

Puka shells!!!!!  Didn't go with my Stetson, big belt buckle, tooled leather belt, cowboy boots and tight wranglers!  

However, macrame was on my list of things I had done at the time.  The only hippie thing I remember doing.  Girlfriend saw a picture in a mag, wanted a hanging macrame swing, the procedure didn't look much different than the lanyards I had done as a lad - just on a larger scale! ssssooooo!!!!   I wonder if she still has it?   Then did a real fancy 3-level hanging planter for my mom.  Then retired before anyone else found out.  Too dangerous, if my teammates had found out about my talent!!!!  I shudder!!!!!  and I'm telling you all - just shoot me in the head and get it over with quick!!!

I did mention the tight wranglers didn't I!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Air
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Caribou

Did you hear that macrame is in vogue again!
So you can break out the jute ;)
Your story reminds me of Rosy Grear (spelling?) and when he was going around on the talk shows saying he was a closet needlepointer!
Does any one remember that?  I know I couldn't of dreamed that one up myself....or did I???? :-\
Carolyn

Caneyscud

Quote from: Caribou on January 19, 2009, 07:58:12 AM
Did you hear that macrame is in vogue again!
So you can break out the jute ;)
Your story reminds me of Rosy Grear (spelling?) and when he was going around on the talk shows saying he was a closet needlepointer!
Does any one remember that?  I know I couldn't of dreamed that one up myself....or did I???? :-\
Carolyn
Carolyn,

You didn't make that up!   He really did - but I think he was a knitter though!  Did not know that macrame' was back in vogue.  I live in my own little small world!!  However, teaching my daughter to do lanyards 15 years ago, I learned some new knots and combinations that might look good in my new macrame' boxers!   

I'm still sad that I threw away my Farrah poster!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Air
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

La Quinta

My...my...my...I wore puka shells...surfed...did macrame plant hangers... (I still...yes to this day... wear a tye dyed T-shirt)...my California girlfriends HATE IT!!!!! So everytime I see them I wear it at one point in the visit...I'm an evil woman...  ;D

Ya know I never thought about tea bag training them....Oh boy...great!!!! ...THANKS!!!   ;D

Oldman

Gee,
I was 29 then. Work in a deli. Had a moped. Had just purchased my first home for 33K.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Tenpoint5

Freshman year of High school. Nope don't wanna go back to that.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

canadiansmoker

Second last year of high school. Those were the carefree days!

manxman

QuoteOh to be 19 again

We must be the same age, a part of me would like to be 19 again but only if I knew what I know now about life!  ;) :D
Manxman

iceman

25 back then and living in Anchorage with my first wife and son Zach. Boy those were some wild days in Alaska! I don't think I could survive that all over again.  :D We'd party all night and go straight back out to the drill rig. At about 4 o'clock you'd start to feel good enough to go do it all over.  :o ;D

Smoking Duck

Quote from: canadiansmoker on January 22, 2009, 08:45:33 AM
Second last year of high school. Those were the carefree days!

You had to go through your last year of high school twice? They must have been extremely carefree days  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra