Superbowl Menu?

Started by Consiglieri, January 19, 2009, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

My first ever Fatties are in the smoker right now.  Giving 2 hours of hickory, smoking at 200*.  Hopefully they'll be done by noon (3 hours from the time they went in) as we're goin' to the City.  I'll jack the temp up if I have to, to get them done.

Also thought some devilled eggs would be pretty good tomorrow, just gotta find the ambition to make them when we get back tonight.

Suppose you're wondering what I did for the fatties.  Well, I took a pound of Farmland Original Sausage, and a pound of Farmland Pork and Bacon sausage and mixed them together forming a longer log about the size of the original chubs, and also have a pound of each of the sausages left in their chub form in there as well.  Real adventurous, huh?

Tenpoint5

Went to Sams last night BB were on sale for $1.02 lb so bought a case will be putting in 2 of them in the Bradley as soon as it comes to temp.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

I picked up a bird last night and put it in the brine.  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

pensrock

HCT

Duck, the beek is supposed to have magical properties when smoked.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smoking Duck

Gizmo

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 31, 2009, 08:14:04 AM
I picked up a bird last night and put it in the brine.  ;D

I don't think this one is going to be too tasty Duck.  :P
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

I had plans of compressing it and placing it on the burner  :D

Consiglieri

Pastrami is steaming and I'll be heading out to get some fresh baked rye and crusty sourdough (after a few more cups of coffee). 

Hope we have a good game this year.  It'll have to be a really good game for my squares to win
Consiglieri

pensrock

I just made something up to take to a party. Smoked Xsharp cheddar (about two pounds), Smoked Americian (about one pound), beef sticks cut into 2" pieces (about two pounds), hot pepper mustard and crackers. That should be a nice little snack.   :D

Got my Steeler jersey out and the Terrible Towel is ready.
HERE WE GO STEELERS!  ;D ;D

I actually feel its going to be a closer game than people think, it should be a great game.

Consiglieri

Quote from: pensrock on February 01, 2009, 08:23:19 AM
I just made something up to take to a party. Smoked Xsharp cheddar (about two pounds), Smoked Americian (about one pound), beef sticks cut into 2" pieces (about two pounds), hot pepper mustard and crackers. That should be a nice little snack.   :D

Got my Steeler jersey out and the Terrible Towel is ready.
HERE WE GO STEELERS!  ;D ;D

I actually feel its going to be a closer game than people think, it should be a great game.

I was flipping through the channels this morning and one of them was running a documentary on the terrible towel. 
Consiglieri

pensrock

Myron Cope a long time Pittsburgh sportscaster came up with the idea and its been a tradition ever since. I do believe he had donated all the proceeds to charity. He has sadly since passed away. But he will be up there waving his terrible towel this afternoon, you can bet on that.  :)
One of his favorite sayings....... yoi and double yoi!