Chorizo

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 20, 2009, 07:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caribou

Oh a lot of folks I talk to still do the hatchet thing!  Still very PC here in North Idaho :D
I read if you hang them up side down by their legs they go into a transe.  So that's what I did and tied their legs together with bailing twine so I could hang them by their legs.  Just nick their neck with a very sharp knife and wha la.
No running around and very little flopping.  I like raising my own animals to eat but they have to live very happy lives while under my care and be slaughtered in the least tramatic way.
This Chorizo thread is taking a very macabre turn! ;)  But I figure if you own a Bradley Smoker chances are you probably are a carnivore! ;D
Carolyn

Caneyscud

Quote from: Buck36 on January 23, 2009, 09:50:13 PM
Quote from: Gizmo on January 23, 2009, 08:55:27 PM
My aunt used a hatchet and hot water bath.  The hatchet did all that needed to be done. 

My Dad did ours this way when I was a kid. I remember the first time I watched the whole process like it was yesterday. I didn't know they "ran" after hatchet did its' work. It was an eye opening day for a kid and one that will still make my Dad laugh today.

Don't know why that seemed unusual - there's lots and lots of people who walk around as if their head is chopped off!  And the ones that don't, well they walk around with their head stuffed in a place where the sun don't shine!  Now that's an unusual gait! ;D

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"