Linking Sausages

Started by Tenpoint5, January 20, 2009, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I found this video on linking sausages, but i haven't been able to remember how to do it when I'm stuffing. Probably not coordinated enough to get it to work right for me anyhow!! ;D :D Maybe one of you can remember to look at it before you start stuffing and can do it. It does look rather easy. Which why I would probably screw it up.

Linking Sausages
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

smokeitall

That looks pretty cool, but what is the purpose for doing it?  Just curious.

Doctor Woody

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 20, 2009, 11:47:49 AM
I found this video on linking sausages, but i haven't been able to remember how to do it when I'm stuffing. Probably not coordinated enough to get it to work right for me anyhow!! ;D :D Maybe one of you can remember to look at it before you start stuffing and can do it. It does look rather easy. Which why I would probably screw it up.

Linking Sausages

Wow.  I could probably get the knack of it, but it would require too much thinking.   :o

Caribou

Thanks for posting this link, because this is something I was wanting to know more about.
I bet those balloon artists you see at the fair are great at linking sausages!
Carolyn

Smokin Soon

I did try that once for some breakfast links, but could not get the hang of it. After the second batch of 3 I botched it somehow.

easyridinole

Yeah, I think I will stick to twisting every other one in the opposite direction! :D Great concept if I could ever figure out how to do it.
Thanks for posting 10.5! :)
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

NePaSmoKer

More appealing to the eye when they are in the smoker and hanging to bloom. My only problem would be where they touch, the sausage might not get smoked there and not be done.........perhaps

I will post some pics of the sausage i do like this.

nepas

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 21, 2009, 09:15:51 AM
More appealing to the eye when they are in the smoker and hanging to bloom. My only problem would be where they touch, the sausage might not get smoked there and not be done.........perhaps

I will post some pics of the sausage i do like this.
nepas

It figgers Nepas is an old pro at doing this.  :D ;D I was gonna answer that question the same way that it looks perty. I would probably only do it for fresh sausage. So it looks cool when you bring out a bunch of Brats for the neighborhood BBQ.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

manxman

Linking sausages as per the video is the traditional way fresh sausages were done on this side of the pond, they were linked in three's and hung in the butchers window which made a nice presentation.

Local butchers still practice this art (believe me it is an art, I have tried it on several occasions and am only beginning to end up with something that looks presentable! :-[) but most supermarkets don't bother to present them in this fashion any more.

My local butcher has offered to teach me but it means turning up at his shop at 6am in the morning which is when he makes his sausages........ one of these days perhaps!  ;) :D
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Manxman;

I do believe it is an art. I tried it when you posted that link a while back. I quickly gave up. :'(

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

I twist every other link in the opposite direction. No muss no fuss, no thinking involved. That way you can have a couple extra adult beverages.  ;D ;D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: pensrock on January 21, 2009, 02:30:48 PM
I twist every other link in the opposite direction. No muss no fuss, no thinking involved. That way you can have a couple extra adult beverages.  ;D ;D

Yeah! But the other way get you so frustrated that you will drink more then a couple of extra adult beverages. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)