Leave smoker outside in cold weather?

Started by canadiansmoker, January 22, 2009, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

QuoteIt was fairly cold here today (-25C)

??? only fairly cold?  ;D

canadiansmoker

Pens, at least it wasn't too windy. The bradley seemed to like the cold better than my barbecue did last night.

Smoking Duck

Quote from: canadiansmoker on January 22, 2009, 04:14:22 PM
Thanks Pens. That is another thing I hadn't thought of, the condensation from doing a cold smoke. I was planning on smoking for about 1 hour 40 minutes. I guess maybe wiping down the interior before I start it up might be good enough. I plan on taking the chickens out of the brine and letting them sit in the fridge overnight beforehand.

No need to wipe down the interior and I wouldn't ever do it unless you had flaking occurring.  Mine stays outside all year long no matter the temp.  I do bring the generator and PID in when the temp is going to be below freezing.  No sense in tempting the electrical gods when it comes to smoking.  I have left the entire unit outside before when it was below freezing and no harm has come to it yet.  Just figure if I take care of the Bradley, it will take care of me.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

JRL

Any issues with the pucks swelling during a "hot" smoking process ???
The past two times that I have used my Bradley digital smoker, I've been expierencing that the pucks are swelling and clogging in the dispenser !  It just happened to me a little while ago, the temp outside is roughly 45 degrees.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.....

James

Smokin Soon

Make sure your vent is at least 75% open, you may be getting moisture backup.

JRL

Thank you !!  I had it about 10% open....  I had a feeling that was the problem !
Rookie mistake :-\ :-\

Mr Walleye

Hi JRL and welcome to the forum.

SS has ya fixed up. They're not Rookie mistakes... They're Professional Pit-Master experiments!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes