Snack sticks first attempt

Started by pensrock, January 24, 2009, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokeitall

Nice looking snack stix Pensrock.

Anybody ever put the meat in the oven like that guy on you tube before?  The recipe looks pretty good but no smoke flavor = store bought quality...

pensrock

smokeitall, This was my first try at making snack stick. So to answer your question I have not tried putting them into the oven.

Mike,
I put half back into the dehydrator for a few more hours and the results are great. Still not as dry as jerky but much more like a Slim Jim stick. I liked them so much that I put the rest back in just a few minutes ago.

Mr Walleye

Thanks for the update Pens.

Do you have any idea on your total times for smoke and dehydrate you used now?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Mike,
Its difficult to say because I pulled them out of the dehydrator last night, into the fridge and put back into the dehydrator again.

I would estimate I smoked them for two hours at 165F and probably had them in the dehydrator for an good eight to nine hours at 155F. Hope that helps.
pens

Mr Walleye

Thanks Pens

I will have to try this the next time I do some stixs.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Do you think these could be stuffed and smoked one day and into the dehydrator the next day?

pensrock

QuoteDo you think these could be stuffed and smoked one day and into the dehydrator the next day?
I would keep them in the smoker till the IT was 150-155 then take them out. The next day do the dehydration.