Wings for Sunday

Started by stillsmoking, January 25, 2009, 08:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsmoking

Got some wings going in a different marinade I am trying.  Sweet chili sauce, Fish sauce, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Chipolte Tabasco, Garlic, Onion, Pepper, Lime juice, Salt and brown sugar.  The plan is to marinade them then into the smoker for a couple hours of apple and finish off in the Big Easy.  Will post some pictures as things progress.

HCT

ss, I like it, I like it, just waiting for the finished wings. ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

stillsmoking

Thanks HCT, I wanted to do something different from my standard thing and this is what I came up with.  At this point got 5 pounds of wings in the smoker with the apple.  Have mixed up a glaze I will use on the wings when they come out of the smoker.  The glaze was inspired by something I saw in a book put out by Weber, Weber's Charcoal Grilling, The art of Cooking with Live Fire.  I tweaked their recipe a bit, this is a double batch.

6 TBsp sweet chili sauce
6 TBsp soy sauce
4 Tsp chili garlic sauce
2 Tsp dark sesame oil
1 Tsp grated horseradish

Plan on two hours in the smoker, glaze, then into the Big Easy until crispy.  Really looking forward to this one.

Smokin Soon

Stillsmoking, I hope to get some pics! Wings in the Big Easy are the best!

stillsmoking

Got everything done, two hours in the Bradley and about 20 minutes in the Big Easy.

Top View

Plated up ready for dinner

stillsmoking

Whoops, missed this one

This must have been good, my five year old, my wife and I all liked these.  I will fine tune the marinade but the glaze was fantastic.  Could see using this on pork as well as poultry. 

Smokin Soon

Great looking wings! Lot's of possibilities on marinades and sauces. All of them good!  :D

cowgirl

Wow, those look great!!  :)

minnowfisher

SS,

They look fantastic, could almost smell them, i was ready to reach in and take one of them they looked that good, must give the wings a go in the Bradley. 8).

Yours Aye

JFG
JFG
Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur
Once an Argyll, always an Argyll

adamb

Great looking Wings.

Just bought a BE and wondered where you found the racks for the wings on the other levels?

Thanks,

Adam

Mr Walleye

Quote from: adamb on March 03, 2009, 09:08:24 AM
Great looking Wings.

Just bought a BE and wondered where you found the racks for the wings on the other levels?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam and welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the racks I made for mine. If you look through the rest of that thread there are some other ideas as well.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=8018.msg82903#msg82903

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Ka Honu

Or you can order them directly from Char Broil.

stillsmoking

Hi all and welcome to the forum Adam and Ka Honu.  The racks I used in the pictures were grills that came out of a cheap barbecue package.  The package contained a grill, charcoal, a cheap pan and some flimsy legs.  The grills looked to be the right size and the price was right so I went for it.  All I had to do was bend the "handle" a bit on the grill to fit the Big Easy rack.  Good luck on your smoking/Big Easy adventures.

Smokin Soon

I am so addicted to Big Easy wings, I just soaked a bunch in Dales marinade with some Louisana hot sauce, 2 hours of hickory, into the Big Easy, sauce those boys up and YUM!