GB Hunters Snack Stix

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 25, 2009, 02:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

While the venison is thawing I am makeing some 80/20 GB Landgaeger (hunters sausage)

Have my ingredients here.

Cure, Soy protein, crushed red pepper, paprika and 3/4 cup worcestershire sause.

Here is what I am looking for. All mixed going in the frige for another 2 hours.

Going to stuff in a few and do a twist on these stix  ;D  stay tuned

nepas

FLBentRider

What would you sub for the Worcestershire if someone was, say allergic to it ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 25, 2009, 02:27:57 PM
What would you sub for the Worcestershire if someone was, say allergic to it ?

FL,

There is a vegetarian Worcestershire on the market.  I bought some recently but haven't tried it .  IT is Annie's brand and I think it's usually found in the health food section of store.  It's at the bottom of the page on the following link. 

http://www.anniesnaturals.com/organic_marinades_&_bbq#jump204

I'm assuming it is the anchovies that is the allergen.  If not the website shows a list of ingredients in the vegetarian version - that might help with a substitute.

Deb

NePaSmoKer

You might look at some worcestershire powder?

You could sub it with some teriyaki/soy mix also.

nepas

FLBentRider

Deb,
You called it right on the anchovies. They are in some brands of Worchestershire, not in others. I avoid it like the plague in any form.

I'll check out the veggie version though...

I usually just leave it out, (Atlon browns ribs are great without it, just use more wine  ;D )
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

Quote from: FLBentRider on January 25, 2009, 03:25:07 PM
Deb,
You called it right on the anchovies. They are in some brands of Worchestershire, not in others. I avoid it like the plague in any form.

I'll check out the veggie version though...

I usually just leave it out, (Atlon browns ribs are great without it, just use more wine  ;D )

I usually leave it out of things also.    Also makes it tough to eat out,  I avoid marinated meats, anything with Caesar in the name. 

Nepas mentioned the powder - I had forgotten about it but checked the ingredients on one site awhile ago and it was ok.  It might have been allied kenco . 

NePaSmoKer

Something different in the snack stix making.

Yeah in the dehydrator...... kinda messy they are.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

No final pics today  :-\  i let em go too long and ruined em.  Oh well no harm no foul  :o

nepas

Mr Walleye

NePas

Sorry to here that. You'll have to keep track of your numbers (times). I'm real interested in using the dehydrator for snack sticks so I'm interested in your thoughts and times on these.

Thanks
Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 26, 2009, 09:30:29 AM
NePas

Sorry to here that. You'll have to keep track of your numbers (times). I'm real interested in using the dehydrator for snack sticks so I'm interested in your thoughts and times on these.

Thanks
Mike

Yeah i did these at night and slept to sound, didnt hear the beeper go off  :-\  Going to try again tomorrow morning early so i can keep an eye on em.

nepas

pensrock

QuoteNo final pics today    i let em go too long and ruined em.

NEPAS, say it isn't so.  ???

I guess even the best have a little problem now and then.  :)

deb415611

That stinks Nepas.  I hate when I ruin food.

Mr Walleye

NePas... I have a theory...

I think "Kiki" "the jerky pup" is the culprit! I think Kiki wants to be known as "Kiki the snack stix pup". My money is bettin' Kiki somehow neutralized the alarm. Ya... maybe sat on it or something... Yup... that's it!

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

pensrock

Mike,
I think you are onto something there. Earlier in another post I mentioned about the pups getting some of the snack sticks and NEPAS said......
Quotepups aint getting em this time   most are going to Ft Bragg
I'll bet Kiki found out about this and shut off the alarm.  ;D ;D ;D
pens

stillsmoking

Nepas, I am heartbroken, those looked so good!