great chicken recipe

Started by minnowfisher, January 26, 2009, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minnowfisher

Try this, it is a recipe for chicken burgers but i have used it to make sausages, it is great. To make a load of sausages just multiply the ingredients, easy.

4 Garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
12oz chicken thighs, minced
2oz breadcrumbs
4oz smoked bacon, minced
a splash balsamic vinegar
freshly ground sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

Fry the onion in the oil until soft add the rosemary then tip into a bowl to cool, mix the chicken, breadcrumbs and bacon together,with a splash of balsamic vinegar and then work in the onions, chill in the fridge before making sausages or burgers. Enjoy.
JFG
Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur
Once an Argyll, always an Argyll

HCT

First ingredient I noticed, BACON, so it has to be good. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

minnowfisher

Try them out they are really good, as i am new to this i have frazzled my brain trying to work out what is the best way to do chicken, any suggestions, i would appreciate any help.

Cheers.

JFG.   
JFG

Caneyscud

Minnowfisher - Welcome!  I love your moniker.  You a maggotdrowner?  I would have expected Tenchfisher or roach or chub or rudd!  :D  Set your goals a little higher man!  ;D ;D  On more than one occassion catching minnows has saved a fishless trip for me.  There are just some times I don't want to go home and say I did not catch anything.  I usually keep a supply of size 30 dry fly hooks in my fishing gear for the times I get skunked.  I can usually tie one of them on and land a minnow or two before I have to go.  Built a Home Depot a few years ago and had to move a creek to make their parking lot bigger.  Lots of EPA and Corps regulations and all.  The guys on the job couldn't understand why all the fuss for such a nothing creek - with no fish even.  I bet them that there was.  If I caught a fish in the creek they had to buy me a steak dinner.  If I didn't, I had to furnish the whole job lunch one day.  I dug out the gear, proceeded to tie on a size 30, found a grasshopper, hooked a tiny piece of the grasshopper guts on the hook and proceeded to catch about 20 minnows of some type I have never seen before.  Steak sure tasted good!  ;D  But I fed the guys some barbecue for lunch anyways - they had worked some hard, long hours on the project and deserved it!   ;D ;D ;D

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

minnowfisher

Hi caneyscud, good story about the minnows, but that is not the meaning of my moniker, i actualy make wooden minnows for fishing to try to catch Atlantic Salmon in Scotland, although i sometimes catch lots of minnows in my bait trap and use them to catch brown trout, which by the way are great smoked.I have a good brine recipe for trout if you want it, just let me know and i will post it for you.

How is the weather over there, bet you it is nice and hot, i can't even get my smoker out to try it, bought it three weeks ago and have not tried it out yet, that is how bad our weather is.
PS: like the poetic bit at the end.

Cheers

JFG
JFG

Caneyscud

Quote from: minnowfisher on January 27, 2009, 07:10:28 AM
Hi caneyscud, good story about the minnows, but that is not the meaning of my moniker, i actualy make wooden minnows for fishing to try to catch Atlantic Salmon in Scotland, although i sometimes catch lots of minnows in my bait trap and use them to catch brown trout, which by the way are great smoked.I have a good brine recipe for trout if you want it, just let me know and i will post it for you.

How is the weather over there, bet you it is nice and hot, i can't even get my smoker out to try it, bought it three weeks ago and have not tried it out yet, that is how bad our weather is.
PS: like the poetic bit at the end.

Cheers

JFG
JFG
Man, I could stay all day with this thread!  Lots of questions and comments!  The sacred home of Fly Fishing - the Rivers Dee, the Tay, the Spey, and the Tweed among others - wow!  Took a trip a few years ago where we had a day and a half of extra time and decided to take the train up through Scotland.  Combo of trains and tube from Heathrow to Euston Station - up to Inverness - spent night in Inverness and caught the train back to Euston Station the next morning.  Saw a lot of the beautiful Scottish countryside in-between jet-lag nodoffs.  Met an old time Ghillie who got on the train just south of Inverness.  Would not tell me his name - just called himself Nom de Plume or something like that.  Great gentleman dressed out in tweed knickers and coat - just as someone from the states would imagine a ghillie to look like.  Amazing fly tyer - he tied me a couple of dry flies while on the train using nothing but his fingers for a vise - while the train was moving. 

Wooden minnows for Atlantic Salmon - a new one on me - would love to see a pic.  I like to tie (I'm not good at it though) full dress atlantic salmon flies.  Gaudy and almost useless (too expensive)- sorta like me.   I just this past week, bought some quilted saepele (sp) and some australian burl to carve up some presentation lures to give away.  Never carved a lure (except for some fish decoys), but looking forward to it. 

Going after some Browns next weekend my self.  With all the rains they are letting out lots of water from the dams.  No place to wade so will have to float it.  But will be throwing big streamers and wiggle minnows on 8 to 10 wt rods with 300 grain full sink lines.  Its one our best times to get some of the truly bigger fish - 20" and above.  Hard work - but big rewards.  Might just need the brine recipe if I am lucky.

Weather around here - Nashville, TN - is definitely not hot, but not like the part of the country to the north.  This morning we just skirted getting a major ice storm.  Temp was only 32 F.  But tomorrow we should get a couple of inches of snow unlike others on this board that probably getting 2 feet.  This past weekend was the first in 2 or 3 that I have been able to get the Bradley out because of rain.  Know how hard it is not to use the new smoker when it is just sitting there staring at you.  Almost begging you to use it!  I got mine about a month before Christmas.  Then my wife saw it and said she wanted to pay for it and give it to me for Christmas - so I had to wait.  That was hard.

Poetic bit - Inspired by Burns' Address to a Haggis!  and Robert Service's The Haggis of Private McPhee

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

minnowfisher

Hi Caneyscud,
Good of you to reply again, the rivers you mentioned, I have fished them all, some legally some not, caught my first Salmon on the River Tay some forty years ago. You said you went up to Inverness, I spend a lot of time up there fishing, the fly fishing is great up there, plus the scenery is fantastic. Like you I tie my own flies, nothing spectacular, but they catch fish so it works for me.

At last I will get the smoker out today, it is quite nice, but cold but i can't wait any longer, just itchin to get going.

Never been down your way, have been to Forida a few times, Conneticut once and Canada once for the millenium, went to the Niagra falls, everything was covered in ice, it was probably one of the most awesome sights I have ever seen, the only fishing I have done over there was sea fishing, nothing great, just a day trip, dinner and as much bud as you could drink for $36, needless to say we drunk more than we caught.

The bit about burns was good, I own one of the Kilmarnock Editions of Burns's works, it was printed in 1867, don't know how much it is worth, maybe I shold get it valued. Let me know how you get on with the fishing, sounds good, so tight lines.

Yours Aye
JFG
JFG

cowgirl

Minnowfisher, your recipe sounds great, thanks for sharing!

(Wish I were fishing.  :))

La Quinta

Caney...dude...can you type or WHAT???? Great factoids though...very nice....  ;D

Smokin Soon

LQ, just curious if you are a Norman Mailer fan as he invented that term "Factoid"
"facts which have no existence before appearing in a magazine or newspaper."

My Father was a Newspaper Manager, and he used that sometimes.
I have found few that really know what it means.

La Quinta

Nah SS...just a fan of the written word...aka...I love to read!!  :) But I REALLY love to read books...the internet is great but books are a passion for me...one can learn so much about life from books...