BPS Venison Chili

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 18, 2009, 02:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Had some ground venison  so i made some chili. Smoked it with mesquite in the BPS for 3 hours. Finishing off atop the stove.

Here it is just plain old chili.

So it needed some beans, onions, and green chilis. Going to simmer for 2 hours.

Its been snowing since early 2 am. The BPS took awhile to get going.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Your chili looks good.

This is wierd. I also decided to make a batch of chili; because of the weather. I made some Poblano and Smoked Chicken chili. Another 15 minutes of simmering and I am chowing down.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

Nepas, its been snowing here all day, got about 10" so far. Sorry to tell you my friend but its most likely headed your way.

The chili looks great. How do you decide which smoker to use? Wouldn't the digital or original do the same as the propane model?

Have you ever tried to use a jerky shooter to stuff snack sticks with? I was thinking about that today because I do not want to drag out the big cast iron stuffer for five pounds of meat.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on January 18, 2009, 02:37:52 PM
Nepas, its been snowing here all day, got about 10" so far. Sorry to tell you my friend but its most likely headed your way.

The chili looks great. How do you decide which smoker to use? Wouldn't the digital or original do the same as the propane model?

Have you ever tried to use a jerky shooter to stuff snack sticks with? I was thinking about that today because I do not want to drag out the big cast iron stuffer for five pounds of meat.

we have around 6" so far. I had to use the BPS cuz i didnt want to walk to the garage  :D  :D. The BPS was in the laundry room  ;D

Yes i have used a jerky shooter to do stix, only thing is you cant load a bunch of collagen on the tube cuz they are shorter than my stuffer tubes.

nepas

easyridinole

Looks good Nepa's. Nothing better than chili on them cold days! I heard on the news lastnight, KARE11 out of the Twin Cities, that this will only be the fourth time that we didn't have a January thaw since the 1880's!! The temp outside is -10* as I am posting this.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

cowgirl

nickld

That's some good lookin' chili NePa! I think that just might fit the bill today, even though the weather is pretty nice here right now. I should have most of the fixins on hand...

~Nick

Smokin Soon

Yeah Nik, not too shabby here in the Bay Area tonight. No wind and 47 degrees, got some chik quarters going now. Just do it!

nickld

Yep... Not a bad day today here. Mid 50s I think this afternoon and sunshine, minimal wind. If only I could afford to live here!  ;D

Just had a nice bowl-o-red a few minutes ago and I'm about to remove the last of the beef jerky from the dehydrator. I had a hunk of flank steak in the freezer that needed to be used so I cold smoked it for an hour with some hickory. Added a hunk of spicy Italian sausage also. Ground up the beef and made some chipotle chili with beans... No pics this time, sorry.

~Nick