chicken

Started by CLAREGO, January 11, 2005, 01:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />.......--anyone with the handle Mallard Whacker really knows his birds. [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LOLLLLLL[:D][:D][:D]
John, you really don't know how many times that has been debated in the duck blind about this same subject.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br /><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Habanero,  

Where in NY?  BTW, I'm enjoying the McGee book immensely!

John
Newton MA
[/quote]

A small town just east of the CT/MA/NY border line.

Most importantly 20-25 miles northeast of the Culinary Institute of America [:)]

[/quote]
Great--maybe I can rope you into being part of the NE (NorthEast) BSers.  When we have a quorum we could get together for an afteroon of fun and feasting.

On a more serious note, I volunteered to help Olds put together the Newbie Forum, and he asked me to handle the Curing/Brining section (not recipes, but why and when).  I'm starting to write some stuff up now about those subjects.  With your background, it would be great if I could send the material to you for comments and suggestions. I write for a living, which in my line of work means that I'm used to really blunt and direct editorial comments, and thus am virtually impossible to insult[:)].  I would really appreciate any help you could provide.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />.......--anyone with the handle Mallard Whacker really knows his birds. [:D]
LOLLLLLL[:D][:D][:D]
John, you really don't know how many times that has been debated in the duck blind about this same subject.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

. . . one can only imagine how those debates must rage . . .[;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />
Great--maybe I can rope you into being part of the NE (NorthEast) BSers.  When we have a quorum we could get together for an afteroon of fun and feasting.
Now! I recall your first post on a BSer's club, and you named it <font size="4"><font color="red">New England</font id="red"></font id="size4">. So! I'm not sure if that NE stands for Northeast or New England [;)] As you are well aware, New York is not a part of New England, although there are a minority of New Yorkers who believe they are, and cheered for the Boston Redsoxs.[:D] A BSer's club is a good idea, but I will not be able to spend any time traveling, even short distances until after Labor Day. After that date, there should be no problem.

I realy don't think my two cents on curing and brining would matter, but I am willing to help any way I can. Let me know how.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

CLAREGO

NORTHEAST BSERS WILL THAT INCLUDE PENNSYLVANIA ?

GO STEELERS

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />NORTHEAST BSERS WILL THAT INCLUDE PENNSYLVANIA ?

GO STEELERS

Only if the Pats beat the Steelers[:D][:D]!  YA HEAR THAT, IAN???  Of course, we need to get past the Colts first--no mean feat!

Of course NorthEast would include PA . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />
Now! I recall your first post on a BSer's club, and you named it <font size="4"><font color="red">New England</font id="red"></font id="size4">. So! I'm not sure if that NE stands for Northeast or New England [;)] As you are well aware, New York is not a part of New England, although there are a minority of New Yorkers who believe they are, and cheered for the Boston Redsoxs.[:D] A BSer's club is a good idea, but I will not be able to spend any time traveling, even short distances until after Labor Day. After that date, there should be no problem.

I realy don't think my two cents on curing and brining would matter, but I am willing to help any way I can. Let me know how.

Originally I was thinking New England just for geographical proximity, but there might not be enough of us to make it work.  That's why I kinda morphed it to NorthEast.  Might make it harder to find a good spot to get together, but hey, we can give it a try.  You are probably only 2 hr from Boston, maybe 2.5?  Or maybe we can find a bigger BBQ event that a bunch of us might want to go to and meet up there.  Let's play it by ear and see who's interested . . .

Your help on brining/curing would be invaluable for a couple of reasons.  First, you have a real interest in, along with a lot of knowledge about, the science of food.  Second, it's way too easy for someone with my background to get involved with technical trivia that obscures the forest for the trees.  So if you don't mind, I'll send you my stuff when it's finished, and yo can read at your leisure and make any and all comments you want!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Habanero Smoker

JJC;
Glad to help out.

For the BSer's Club, there are a couple of CIA chefs that I know of that either have a BS or use them on a regular basis. Though I am not a personal friend with these chefs, I do have their e-mail addresses, and occassionally I will send them an e-mail, if I have a question. So we have two more possibilities.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />NORTHEAST BSERS WILL THAT INCLUDE PENNSYLVANIA ?

GO STEELERS

Leave an open post to hitch a horse too in case any of us ride out from Orygun.....  I'm sure we're northeast from somewhere....

CLAREGO

i am seasoning my bs right now. What a newbie i am counldnt figure why my pucks wernt burning so i pressed the advanced button a couple times and whalaa smoking ....

GO STEELERS

CLAREGO

man maybe i should put this comment on another board

Man CAN I SEE TASTE AN SMELL THE DIFFERNC. I HAVENT EVEN COOK WITH IT YET THIS IS A VERY REMARKABLE MACHINE !!!!!!! THE SMOKE GETS ON YOUR SKIN JUST LIKE A CAMP FIRE DOES THIS SURE BEETS THAT OLD BIG CHIEF I USED TO HAVE [:D]

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<br />i am seasoning my bs right now. What a newbie i am counldnt figure why my pucks wernt burning so i pressed the advanced button a couple times and whalaa smoking ....

GO STEELERS

SO whats the first item on the menu?

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

CLAREGO

I THINK ILL TRY THE CHICKEN FIRST GOT A COUPLE BRINING RIGHT KNOW BUTTERFLIED

JJC

<br />JJC;
Glad to help out.

For the BSer's Club, there are a couple of CIA chefs that I know of that either have a BS or use them on a regular basis. Though I am not a personal friend with these chefs, I do have their e-mail addresses, and occassionally I will send them an e-mail, if I have a question. So we have two more possibilities.
At first I was going to ask if the CIA chefs recipes were top secret, but then I realized you meant Culinary Institute of America . . . of course, maybe their recipes are top secret, too . . . [:D]

I'm writing stuff up this weekend for Olds.  Why don't you drop me an e-mail off-line so I can e-mail you a Word file with the draft when it's ready.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

CLAREGO

got the old chickens in its about 9 am et in pa tell you all how it turned out