Advice on a cold smoke setup

Started by carnie1, January 28, 2009, 02:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnie1

Was walkin thru home depot the other day and saw this $69 item and the wheels started turning thinking about using for a cold smoke box, Well went back the other day and got one . Here are the options I thought of
1. Hang the Bradley smoke gen on the side of the Brinkman  :o and pipe smoke out the other side into the Bradley .
2. Set the bradley on the ground pipe smoke out of the top, into the bottom of the Brinkman, only thing is ,the bradley sits higher than the inlet for the Brinkman, on the upside I can hang about twice as much sausage in the brinkman. I'm open for ideas. I might try a few tests first before I get the hole saw and rivet gun out.

pensrock

I do not know how big this thing is but if you can remove the legs. Will it sit right on top of the bradley? You can cut a hole in the bottom so as the smoke leaves the Bradley it goes right into the top unit. That way you can use both units at the same time. Just a thought.

Mr Walleye

Carnie

I will have a look to see if I can find the post but someone took a unit like this and removed the legs, cut a hole in the bottom which would line up with the top vent of the Bradley, then set this unit on top of the Bradley. That way they would load the product in the top unit and the Bradley would be used to generate the smoke, plus you can just lift off the top unit and use your Bradley for hot smoking.

Just an idea that I saw on a post, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

Oops...

Great minds think alike Pens!  :D

Mike

pensrock

QuoteGreat minds think alike Pens!

;D

Gizmo

West Coast Kansan did the setup.  He has a different box on top.  He got it at Wallyworld for $50 I believe.  Had a propane burner on the bottom that he just didn't install.  Sets the box on top of the bradley, opens the bradley vent and voila, cold smoke fills the top box. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

carnie1

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 28, 2009, 02:55:59 PM
Carnie

I will have a look to see if I can find the post but someone took a unit like this and removed the legs, cut a hole in the bottom which would line up with the top vent of the Bradley, then set this unit on top of the Bradley. That way they would load the product in the top unit and the Bradley would be used to generate the smoke, plus you can just lift off the top unit and use your Bradley for hot smoking.

Just an idea that I saw on a post, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Mike
Quote from: pensrock on January 28, 2009, 02:51:29 PM
I do not know how big this thing is but if you can remove the legs. Will it sit right on top of the bradley? You can cut a hole in the bottom so as the smoke leaves the Bradley it goes right into the top unit. That way you can use both units at the same time. Just a thought.
Thats prolly the easiest yet, the legs have 3 screws each, I'll see if I can find that post also

NePaSmoKer

carnie

are you going to take pics of your cold smoke setup

nepas

carnie1

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 29, 2009, 08:06:37 AM
carnie

are you going to take pics of your cold smoke setup

nepas
As soon as I figure out how I wanna do it I will

Mr Walleye

Gizmo is right it was WCK...

Here is one link.... this isn't the one I was thinking of but it does show a picture of it.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6223.msg59893#msg59893

Mike

Mr Walleye

love the smoke

With Bradleys somewhat deficient (?word) way of building the lower panel on a OBS that houses the slider switch I would be a little cautious on how much weight I stacked on top of the unit. I did the extra foot peg mod and the lower panel still cracxked in the middle.
Just a word of warning

I like the idea but I think with just a little more work you could use cheaper box for the bottom or first cabinet and the bradley on top would save the extra weight from going onto the bradley

LTS 
LTS

carnie1

Thanks Mike, I looked for awhile yesterday and couldn't find it

Quote from: love the smoke on January 30, 2009, 05:35:25 AM
With Bradleys somewhat deficient (?word) way of building the lower panel on a OBS that houses the slider switch I would be a little cautious on how much weight I stacked on top of the unit. I did the extra foot peg mod and the lower panel still cracked in the middle.
Just a word of warning

I like the idea but I think with just a little more work you could use cheaper box for the bottom or first cabinet and the bradley on top would save the extra weight from going onto the bradley

LTS 

Isn't that funny you should mention that ,I just replaced the lower panel (it cracked from years of carrying in and out) But I will check that out , Maybe I can block it in such a way that all the weight is not on the plastic

love the smoke

LTS