DBS vs OBS with PID

Started by Yooper Jim, January 30, 2009, 04:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yooper Jim

I'm just curious.  I have a OBS with (now) an Auber PID.  OBS is roughly $400 and a DBS is $500.  Wouldn't it be better to buy an OBS with a PID than the DBS?  Only will cost you $22 more.  What am I missing?  BTW Auber is selling pucks for $20.

Jim

Smoking Duck

If you paid $400 for the OBS, you paid way too much.  I do agree with you that the OBS with PID is a much better and cost-effective way to do things.  I've got a digital and an OBS with PID and do most of my stuff in the original with PID.

Where in the UP are you located?  Got a really good friend in Newberry and love it up there.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

Yooper, I agree with Duck on that one. The OBS has been seen at Amazon for 269 or something. I have the DBS4 but the only advantage there is to set your smoke time. Most people do not want to loose the additional heat that the smoke generator provides and use the bubba pucks so none are wasted but the added heat is still there. You have a great setup with the OBS and an Auber!

So get smokin and give us some pics of your conquest!  :D

Yooper Jim

I just got the prices from cabela online as a reference.  Just wanted to know, if I was missing some advantage of the DBS.  I'm In the Soo about 50 miles east.  Thanks for the respones.

Jim

Smoking Duck

Cool.  Been through the Soo many times.  I'm contemplating retiring up there (assuming I ever get to retire).

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

Yooper, the UP brings up some great memories. I used to live in Oscoda and took many motorcycle trips to the UP. Hard to describe what that bridge feels like in wind gusts causing the "swing effect".

Yooper Jim

DS ... Hope you make it up here.  Been retired over 8 yrs (and hope I still have a pension) and have a real hard time going down below (the bridge that is ;D) with the Trolls. Love it here and never should have left, but I needed to make a living. Darn kids wanted to eat everyday!   

SS ..... DO NOT like the bridge on 2 wheels, especially on the grates if a lane is closed! 

Jim