italian sausage

Started by oguard, January 12, 2005, 04:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oguard

hi guys just wondering if anyone has tried smoking ital. sausage in the bs.if so what is the prep and cook/smoke time. any info would be greatly appreciated.[:D][:D]

keep on smokin
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

welcome to the forum. havent tried ital sausage yet , i bet it would be good. a few of the sausage huys will chime in here soon to give you some tips.

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

oguard

thanks for the heads up on the contest.sounds like a good thing.i found the answer to my question in my bbq book.any suggestions would be helpful.

keep on smokin
oguard[8D][:p]

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Mike.  Do a search for sausage recipes and you'll come up with lots of info!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

oguard

thanks for the info john.
keep on smokin
mike [8D]

Thunder Fish

I smoke my Italian Sausage inside Pork Tenderloins.If your not carefull enough ya end up wrapping the loins with string.Just place your usual rub on them stand in the fridge over night,place on oiled racks,poke the top side only of the loins threw to the casing in the sausages with a tooth pick and smoke for around 4-5 hrs or until internal temp=+/- 160.
 I like to start them off with a few Hickory than finish with cherry/apple/maple.Make extras becuse the longer tey stand in the fridge these also get better
Terry

oguard

Terry
thanks for the info,sounds like a good idea.
this weekend I am gonna try the itals by themselves.
I looked in my bbq book and the instuctions call
for about 2-3 hrs in the bs at about 210.
good to here from a fellow canuck.
keep on smokin even when they beg you to stop.
Mike[:D][8D]

Cold Smoke

I just bought an italian sausage kit from Cabela's and just itching to try it out. Ol' Man Winter is sucking the life out of my smokin' projects lately. I've got a pretty good spicy sausage chili recipe that I might share one day- have not yet tried it with smoked italian sausage...want to have my "lab rats" try it before posting.[;)]

Cold Smoke

Oldman

Well I've sure have smoked my share of sauage in my time. Italian sausage has an unique flavor of its own when you think about it. If I was to make a suggestion it would be not to smoke it in a heavy or sweet woods. I would keep the smoking down to two hours. If after that you feel it needs more then smoke the next batch longer.

A suggestion: If this is your first time to smoke sauage, or even if this is your first time using the Bradley for sauage I strongly suggest you try it out using store purchased fresh sauage and not your home made. I would rather learn using a $3.00 pound purchased sauage then on the stuff I make myself.
Good Luck
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!