Bradley oakbarrel smoker

Started by manxman, February 07, 2009, 02:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

I was looking at the Bradley Smoker UK website to see if the cold smoker add ons were availabe yet (still no sign of them >:( )
and noticed a link to these oakbarrel smokers using the generator.

Look really nice;

http://www.oakbarrel-furniture.co.uk/Pages/smoker.html

Nice price as well!  :'(
Manxman

Wildcat

Looks nice.  Could get a headache if a wind closed that lid at the wrong time.  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

3rensho

Does look kinda neat but at that price it should come with a liberal supply of the whiskey barrel's former contents  ;D ;D
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

manxman

QuoteCould get a headache if a wind closed that lid at the wrong time

Yes, I thought that as well. Not sure if the lid design couldn't be bettered, bet it lets the smoke out quickly when open as well.  :)

A side opening door may be better?  ::)
Manxman

Consiglieri

Consiglieri

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: manxman on February 07, 2009, 02:29:23 AM
I was looking at the Bradley Smoker UK website to see if the cold smoker add ons were availabe yet (still no sign of them >:( )

Grakka Limited Telephone: + 44 (0) 1803 712712
Fax: + 44 (0) 1752 453900
General: [email protected]
Sales:  [email protected].uk   
Accounts: [email protected]
  www.bradleysmoker.co.uk 

Manxman try sending them an E-mail or phone call they may just not be on the website yet
but they should have them in stock.

Brian

manxman

QuoteManxman try sending them an E-mail or phone call they may just not be on the website yet
but they should have them in stock.

Thanks Brian, I will do that now I know they should be in stock.  :)

I have emailed them a couple of times but the last time was towards the back end of last year when John Watkins didn't know when they would be getting them. I think you posted that there was a container on it's way across the pond but that was around the turn of the year?

QuoteIs there a heating element

It looks like there is the option of a heating element, be interesting to know the wattage, ? greater than the 500w BS heater element?
Manxman

NePaSmoKer

This is a nice smoker. I seen one like it in Missouri but it was home made. Would be cool with a Bradley brand on the front.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Consiglieri on February 07, 2009, 09:09:38 AM
Is there a heating element? 

It doesn't have a heating element, but down load their manual; it has some pretty interesting information and recipes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteIt doesn't have a heating element,

There seems to be an option to pay £30 extra to get a heating element unless I read it wrong?

The PDF download is good Habs, only just got a chance to have a look at it.  :)
Manxman