Baked Potatoes

Started by whitetailfan, January 13, 2005, 02:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br />Second - after deciding upon the 4 hour time with help from other's posts, I put the taters in at 4 hours to meal time.  Problem - I was done smoking hours before the taters hit the Bradley...If you're on a 10 or 12 hour butt cook, how do you smoke the spuds???  I applied 4 hours of hickory at the start, so the only smoke flavour will be the residual in the cabinet, unless you do them early.  How do you all time the cooking???<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I will admit that is a delema, I always put my spuds in at the begining and check about four hours into it.  Smoke those puppies!  And I do pull them when they are done.  Again, I am the weird one here.  We do two things, we eat them before the pig/cow is done or it is nothing for us just to leave them out and reheat them in the nuker when we are ready for them.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

ListerD

Had to laugh at this thread... I also eat the skins.

I've done both Tony Chacheries Creole Seasoning and kosher salt crust on the potatoes and both are good but the salt leaves the skin too salty for my tastes.

We just eat things out of the smoker as they come done. Usually when I've got the pit, the grill or the smoker fired up, we're making a day of it so it's nibble from sun up to way past sun down.

MallardWacker

L of D,

You are right that was one of funnier ramblings. You can see the folks around here are fairly different than most boards you might subscribe to, even smoking/cooking types.  The folks on the [}:)]<s><b><font color="red">CookShack</font id="red"></b></s>[}:)] forum aren't nearly as cool as these folks.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

ListerD

[:D] Yeah I'm steady laughing as I read through the older threads.