how hot will your obs get?

Started by 77383step, February 08, 2009, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

77383step

Just wandering. I have never seen mine get over 250. I could set it in the sun on a 80 deg. day, full blast, with the door shut for six hours, and it will never get over 250 deg. Is this normal?

westexasmoker

When I first got mine it hit 370 and popped the inline fuse!  Not fun!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Wildcat

I have never tried to get over 230.  Most things I smoke I only want the temp to be between 200 to 210.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Wattles

for the last hour i have mine pegged to the max with damper ALL but closed and having a hard time keeping it 175 in there!  it is 38 degrees outside though.
cant get my snack sticks anywhere near 152 inside it seems...

Wildcat

Did you try opening the damper to about 1/2 to 3/4 open?  A closed damper can cause a moisture build up which will lower box temp - and more importantly cause moist smoke to back up into the generator.  This can cause big problems.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

I've had mine up to 280 during a preheat but never really smoke anything over 225 so it doesn't really matter how hot she gets as long as it's hot enough for what I need.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Wattles

Quote from: Wildcat on February 08, 2009, 05:30:09 PM
Did you try opening the damper to about 1/2 to 3/4 open?  A closed damper can cause a moisture build up which will lower box temp - and more importantly cause moist smoke to back up into the generator.  This can cause big problems.

yes, im learning a lot on this board.  THANKS EVERYONE!

been fooling around with damper more open...indeed my temps have gone to about 210 getting the moisture out.

La Quinta

I guess mine will to to 320-30 or beyond...never pushed it that far....never wanted to honestly....why do you ask???