Venison Sausage

Started by jaeger, January 13, 2005, 07:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeger

Whitetail,
Thanks for the discussion on casings seperation. I didn't cool in water really for very long so I think it was as you said from the meat being so cold. I plan on making beef sticks tonight. My wife is under the weather so I am going to keep busy around the house this weekend. I will take more pictures this time as I now found out how easy it is to post photos. I will start a new thread under Meat/Beef Sticks, for this project.

Doug

JJC

Doug,

Those pics have got me salivating.  I've been smokin' some pre-made sausages just to get the hang of it, but you've convinced me to start making my own![:p][:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

John,
Check out the next thread "Beef Sticks". If you have a grinder and a stuffer you are all set. Go for it!!! I will share my trial and error to save you the learning curve.[:D]

Doug

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JJC</i>
<br />Hey Rob,

Just put 2 + 2 together--so you're the one I got the sausage rack from!  I think I mentioned on an earlier post (too many whiskeys since then to be sure[;)]) that I was planning to try it for hanging ribs. My thought was to get a heavier gauge set of hooks from my local hardware store to lessen the chance of the ribs falling off.  The rack is a very nice design and well made, too.

John
Newton MA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
those hooks are hand made.[;)] i have hang things that weigh 10lbs on them didnt have anything that was hevery. give them a try i think you will be surprised how much they will hold.

MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR THE FREE GIVEAWAY!! GO HERE.http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=991

Bassman

This batch came out great![:p][:D][^]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Cold Smoke

Whitetail- <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I feel for you Cold. It has been in that -50C at night here as well. We have had some -40C with W.C. during the day.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The weather guy says this should break soon- I can't wait- everyone out in Bradley land is concocting all kinds of tasty morsels- it's OK to read about here on the forum but it's not like I can taste or smell this stuff over my comuter. Anyone know if anyone has invented Smell-O-Vision?? That would be kinda cool.[;)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">if it's only -16C ambient like it's supposed to be today, then I'll pull out some meat to smoke like the butt I'm doing today.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">- Smoke away, Sir White!![^]

Cold Smoke

jaeger

Olds,

Here is another picture that you can post to you site if you want to.

Doug