Addiction warning

Started by Caneyscud, February 09, 2009, 10:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

I think I have officially become addicted to making lox on just the first time.  Did four fillets of farm - raised Atlantic Salmon this weekend.  Yeh, Yeh, I know - but I don't have wild Pacific Salmon out my back door  :'( and A. - you can't find it this time of year here fresh, B. even at the right time of the year you probably won't find it here in Nashville, and C. I'm not paying in excess of $30.00 a pound for it over the internet.  Two hours of Alder did the smoke thing to it.  Might do three next time - depending on how it "ages".  Talk about a sexy eat - so smooth!  Another poem??

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Mr Walleye

I haven't done Lox yet. I'm going to have to try it but I have trouble getting by making Kummok's Salmon! Man!... is it good!  :D

I will have to give the Lox a shot though...

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

Lox is a good treat.  I have done it once myself but have been treated to LQ's on a few occasions now. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

tsquared

Thanks for the warning, Caneyscud, but it's too late, I've been a lox addict for years. I've tried the 12 step program but all 12 steps seem to lead me back to the smoker for another batch of the mild cure!  :D
T2

Roadking

Lox on a bagel with cream cheese......... I'm drooling all over myself. I'm off to the market tomorrow.