Pulled Pork for 100 people.

Started by car54, February 11, 2009, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

I know Chez would do his big Indy Q every year...he did a lot of of cooking before hand and used vacuum suck bags the and the day of do the boil in-pouch method.

To me if you want control the portion....DON'T let them make their own sandvich.  We do that at our men's meeting each month.  We serve the first round then let them do seconds.

By the way...a date, time and location would be nice. 

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

car54

I bought 93 lbs. of pork butt from Sam's for about $1.00 per pound. That is a lot of meat. I think I know what I'll be doing this week end. I put a timer on the Bradley so that it will be prewarmed when I get home from work.

Brad

car54

Here is a picture of the 10 butts.

click to enlarge.

I have 42 lbs. in the smoker now.

Brad

car54

I finished it all at 4:30 PM on Sunday. It was a great amount of work and I was up at some very odd hours.

I started with 93 lbs and I finished with 41 lbs or 44 percent.

Brad

Habanero Smoker

Wow! That is a lot of work. Also a lot of loss. I generally have around 60% left, but I only take my butts to 175°F, so that may be why I have less loss.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

How did the "do" turn out?  The curious want to know?  Had to cook for 100 this past weekend also, but somebody else wanted to do the briskets so I let him.  Saved me from having to tow my smoker to Ocean Springs.  Besides, he was trained in God's Barbecue Country - Central Texas!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

car54

Caneyscud,
  The bbq will be served this coming Saturday. here is a picture of it before I vacuum bagged it.

C.T.E.

Brad

Habanero Smoker

That's a lot of hard work, but I know those eating it will greatly appreciate it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

Brad,

That is a nice looking spead o' pig you have there!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

The bbq was served yesterday. It went great with many compliments. There are leftovers of which I will take to work.

Brad

Tenpoint5

Well done there Brad. Now the gig is up on what that smoke rolling out of your garage is all about.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

La Quinta

WOW Brad...amazing...I have never had the opportunity to be able to smoke for 100 people...(frankly, I'm not sure I'd be confidant enough to)!!! Glad your results were complimented, as they should be, and your effort as well!!!

Well done!!!  :)

iceman

Good job Brad!!! Welcome to the super size scale of BBQ.  :D ;)