Beef Jerky by Brian

Started by Bradley (Head Office), February 11, 2009, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley (Head Office)

Here is the recipe i use
BEEF JERKY

5 lb Outside Round cut into ΒΌ in slices
I use Hi Mountain Jerky Cure (Pepper Blend)
Mix as per instruction that come with it
Sprinkle cure evenly on slices
Add just a little more pepper for my liking
Let sit in fridge 1-2 days

Smoke with 1 Hickory then 2 cherry then 1 hickory
Cook at 250 F for 4-5 hours or until desired doneness
Rotate racks every hour

Takes about 8 - 10  hours in the Bradley

FLBentRider

Sounds great Brian. Very similar to my process.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

okeejohn

What other Home Made Beef Jerky recipes are out there that do not use HI Mountain Cure???

Okeejohn

josbocc

OKeeJohn,

Any self-respecting outdoorsman recipe book will have some great jerky recipes.  I'm sure that a google search will yield similar results.  That being said I will endorse my friends at Hi-Mtn.  They have numerous flavors, excellent customer service, and yield great results.  The bonus is that their seasonings can be used for both whole muscle meat, or ground meat.

I've done over 600 lbs. of ground meat using Hi-Mtn seasonings, and could not be happier (especially since they now sell in bulk).  Easy to mix, hard to screw-up, but the down-side is that you'll have lots of new friends.

Good Luck, and keep us posted on how you make out.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

thegozzzz

I agree. I've been using Hi Mountain for a couple of years and my friends are always asking me for more jerky. I seasoned four pounds of flank steak today and plan a 3hour smoke tomorrow. I'll finish it on my dehydrator. Man, flank steak is getting expensive. I paid $24 for four lbs. at Sam's Club.

Smokin Soon

Brian, Head office guy, pics of a good smoke to us are like trophy's on a wall! We would like some pics of your success!