Knife sharpeners

Started by DTJ, January 27, 2009, 10:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTJ

Be advised that the one for $20 isn't the full set.  Here is the set I have with the 3 different sharpening inserts.  $89 dollars is a great price.  I paid $99 for mine from a local house wares store

Gizmo
Thanks for the update on that, I was looking around for the Furi and from the way you described it I thought the $20 version was not the same set or only a portion of the set.  I assummed the $89 version was what you had.

Daryl

Gizmo

If you do decide to get them I am sure you will like the ease of use and quality of edge.

Don't know if you have your knives yet, but I would also recommend to get a butcher block with horizontal slots to store them in.  Knives in a drawer get banged around and the edges get dull and knicked.  Knives in verticle slot buthcher blocks get dull as the knife is slid in on the sharp edge and also rests on the edge. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

DTJ

Gizmo

Thanks for mentioning that about the butchers blocks.  It is funny you mntion it  I have two sets of knives one set in a block on the counter that was given to us as a gift, nice weight and grip on them, I don't even know who makes them.  But I was noticing how dull they seemed without using them that much.  I also have a set of Chicago Cutlery that I have had for years, they to are in a block but the block sets in a drawer.  I only use them when  am doing alot of cutting, mostly because they seem sharper.  I always racked it up to a difference in quality.  I never put 2 and 2 together that it is partially the block.   thanks!!

Daryl