More Venison Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 21, 2009, 09:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

I have 3 venison London broils to make jerky out of. They are around 3lbs each.

Its going to snow tonite thru tomorrow so smoking will take some time.

Here is 1 of the 3. Going to use my regular wet marinade. Don't like or use HM

nepas

josbocc

Nepas,

Can you tell me why you don't care for HM seasonings?  I've used them for about 2 1/2 years now, and have had great results.  I respect your opinion, that's why I'm asking.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: josbocc on February 21, 2009, 11:26:36 AM
Nepas,

Can you tell me why you don't care for HM seasonings?  I've used them for about 2 1/2 years now, and have had great results.  I respect your opinion, that's why I'm asking.

Jeff

I have a friend who worked at HM. I was told some things. I'll just leave it there for now.

nepas

josbocc

NePas,

Thanks for the reply.  Guess we all have our reasons.  Had a co-worker that worked at Friendly's for awhile..., make sure you treat the waiter/waitress well.

Since I still have 4 bulk boxes of seasoning, and no one is complaining, gonna continue with them.  As I've said before, I respect your opinion, and appreciate the response.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: josbocc on February 21, 2009, 11:55:57 AM
NePas,

Thanks for the reply.  Guess we all have our reasons.  Had a co-worker that worked at Friendly's for awhile..., make sure you treat the waiter/waitress well.

Since I still have 4 bulk boxes of seasoning, and no one is complaining, gonna continue with them.  As I've said before, I respect your opinion, and appreciate the response.

Jeff

Thanks
Anytime

nepas

NePaSmoKer

I got the venison with 1 hour 20 mins of smoke, double dipped and ready for the big "C". This is 2lbs of 7 that i am doing.

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Some of the done venison jerky.

nepas

Wattles

dang that looks good!

i doubt ill be burying any doe tags in the future with this newfound hobby of mine!!!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!