Brined, Smoked Beer Can Chicken

Started by seemore, February 22, 2009, 05:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

HI!  We made this tonight, using the brined, smoked chicken recipe by mws from Time Tested & Proven Recipes.  After we brined/rinsed the chicken, we stuffed some garlic under the skin and put some McCormick Cajun spice on it.  We used apple juice instead of beer this time, and filled the cavity of the chicken with lime, red onion, and tomato.
We cold-smoked it first in the Bradley for an hour.  Then we put it on the grill to begin the cook.  
After a while we put some Vidalia onion vinaigrette on the chicken, to keep the skin moist.
Here it is:

We will pull it in about 30 minutes or when the IT will be 180 degrees, and eat some CHICKEN!!
seemore

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Butt can chicken, I never make it any other way. I've been using coke cola and it comes out great.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

iceman

That my friend looks very tasty. Hard to beat the BBB. Beer Butt Birds. I like to brine them, inject them, smoke them on the throne, then finish in the Big Easy or grill to crisp the skin up. Yummy to say the least.  :P :)

canadiansmoker

Seemore, I was wondering if you got much of a smoke flavour only cold smoking it for an hour in the Bradley?

Stephen

Smokin Soon

After getting the Big Easy, I have cut down on brining. I will use some of the Cajun Injector stuff, or just a rub. It's just a matter of your choice in smoke flavor and how much of it you desire. It's really fun to experiment with as chicken, as it it still quite reasonable in price.

seemore

cn. yes we used the M. wood worked good had leftovers today still good.
seemore