First Meal

Started by RossP, February 24, 2009, 05:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Well this weekend was my birthday so I decided to cook my own meal. THe wife was a little miffed at this but heck it was my birthday. I took a nice 6 lb chicken out if the freezer and let it thaw. Brined it as per instructions from the recipe site http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=46#post46 then applied a nice rub I picked up and let it sit overnight in the fridge. About noon on Sunday I fired up the smoker got it up to about 200 degrees and put the bird in.. I smoked the bird for 2 hours, then let it cook another 2 ours in the smoker before taking it out and finishing it off in the oven at 350 to crisp the skin and make sure the internal temp was good. The bird did not last long with our three twenty something boys home for Dad's birthday. It sure was tasty. Now I am trying to figure out what to smoke next, maybe that 6 lb rainbow in the freezer.........
Oh here is a picture of the bird after it came out of the oven.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

La Quinta

Ross...looks killer good...great job...  :)

Mr Walleye

Fantastic job Ross!  ;)

Ya did yourself proud on your B-Day.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

seemore

that looks good A litte big
seemore

Caneyscud

Slobber, slobber, drool, drool

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Threadkiller Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

car54

It is 6:00 A.M. and that looks like a mighty good breakfast. I have not done chicken in a long time. I'll put it on my list.

Good smoking, Brad

Tenpoint5

Good Looking Yardbird!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RossP

Thanks for all the kind words. I was looking forward to doing some ABTs and some Turkey Jerky this weekend but I have to
fly down to San Diego for a conference so it will have to wait until next weekend and by then I will have something else on the list, oh I forgot about the Rainbow in the freezer. Man I love my Bradley ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Gizmo

RossP,
How long are going to be in my neighborhood?
I have plenty of fresh Beef Jerky in the fridge if you have a few extra minutes while you are around. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Welcome to the SD area, if SD is down then where is up on the return ???  Enjoy

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Nice to see you back on the Board WCK.   :)

La Quinta

RossP

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 27, 2009, 08:52:48 PM
Welcome to the SD area, if SD is down then where is up on the return ???  Enjoy

Home is just outside Vancouver,BC in a nice little community called Langley.
Quote from: Gizmo on February 27, 2009, 08:43:45 PM
RossP,
How long are going to be in my neighborhood?
I have plenty of fresh Beef Jerky in the fridge if you have a few extra minutes while you are around. 

I will be in town from the 3rd to the 9th. Staying at Paradise Point Resort.
That is were the conference is. Thanks for the invite but we will not have a car and
only one free day.

What a great community. Thanks everyone.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

West Coast Kansan

That is a long way north (for some anyway).  Yea it is a great community.  It you get bored Oceanside is straight up I-5 to my place and Giz is off I-15  Give a yell.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Quote from: RossP on February 27, 2009, 09:13:26 PM
I will be in town from the 3rd to the 9th. Staying at Paradise Point Resort.
That is were the conference is. Thanks for the invite but we will not have a car and
only one free day.

Ross

Ross, Your in luck I have a vehicle.  If you want to get to gether for a few minutes or a few hours, just give us a holler.   We Have wheels, will travel.

Is there anything special you want to do on your free day?