Heating Element

Started by oldsmoker, February 22, 2009, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsmoker

Hi OLDSMOKER here new to site.Have a obs for two years.great site.Just want to know how long the heating element is good for?
Myelement dose not turn red about two inches from each end.
Thanks for any help

OLDSMOKER

Habanero Smoker

I've had mine for 4.5 years, and haven't had the need to replace it yet. To tell you the truth, I haven't check to see if it glows from end to end.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Oldsmoker

Your element can last for years.
The heating element should glow red from end to end except the last approximately 1 inch.
When you say the last 2 inches do not glow how long did you have the smoker on and where was the temperature control set at
If your smoker is still maintaining its temperature i would say you do not need to replace the element yet

Brian

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on February 22, 2009, 06:02:28 PM
Hi Oldsmoker

Your element can last for years.
The heating element should glow red from end to end except the last approximately 1 inch.
When you say the last 2 inches do not glow how long did you have the smoker on and where was the temperature control set at
If your smoker is still maintaining its temperature i would say you do not need to replace the element yet

Brian

Hey Brian,  mine is no longer heating.  I had another post in the help section.  Do you have any suggestions?

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Brisket_lover

Sorry I must have missed your other post

Try this, plug just the tower only directly to the wall socket slide your temp switch all the way to the right and see if the element gets hot
At the same time make a note whether or not the power indicator light on the front of the tower is on.

Brian

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on February 22, 2009, 07:46:46 PM
Hi Brisket_lover

Try this, plug just the tower only directly to the wall socket slide your temp switch all the way to the right and see if the element gets hot
At the same time make a note whether or not the power indicator light on the front of the tower is on.

Brian

Thanks Brian! I will give that a try on Friday when I get back home.

oldsmoker

Brian thanks started sticks this morning element all red like you said .Must have bumped temp slider.
OLDSMOKER

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on February 22, 2009, 07:46:46 PM
Hi Brisket_lover

Brian

Tried just the tower an unfortunately no heat.  Called and they're sending me a new heat element and front controller piece.  Gotta love the quick customer service.