First post in New Members

Started by starship, February 28, 2009, 02:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starship

I have been posting in the forums already, but never introduced myself. Sammy Shuford is my name, Starship is my primary email. We raised rabbits and named them after Star trek characters. That's where Starship came in. I have been cooking on a Ducane Grill, then learned about low and slow on www.Amazingribs.com. I Got tired of chasing temps on an over powered gas grill, and decided the OBS and PID is the ticket for me. I have seasoned my OBS, and my temp meter held steady the whole time. I can see already I'm going to enjoy cooking on my OBS!.

Now, what was that about smoking Oysters?
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Mr Walleye

Hi Sammy and welcome to the forum.

Nothing wrong with the Ducan Grill, they're a nice grill. Like you pointed out, with most grills it's hard to control "low & Slow" type cookin'. You won't be disapointed with what you can produce with the OBS & PID.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

seemore

Welcome to the Forum Starship!
Seemore

NePaSmoKer

Welcome starship.

Smoke on and enjoy.

nepas

La Quinta

Hey Sammy! I love Star Trek...any particular series you liked...?
I did sit in the captain's chair from the original...it wasn't comfy at all!!!  ;D

nickld

Hi Sammy!

I was a big fan of the original Star Trek series.  I enjoyed TNG also but my interest dropped off after that. I remember, as a teen in the late 70's, having an old black and white television in my room with a headphone jack.  I used to plug a tape recorder into it and record the audio from the reruns... Used to sit and listen to them endlessly. Really helped develop my inner geek I suppose!   :D

~Nick