Canadian Bacon

Started by seemore, February 28, 2009, 05:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

So how do you eat CB?  As a breakfast meat, on a sandwich, as a main course?  I've only had CB and that was with breakfast.  No vac sealer yet so I want to make sure it won't get wasted.  I've been having pretty good luck with freezer paper and ziplocks but still some crytals on it after a month or so.

FLBentRider

The question is, how DON'T you eat CB

I would eat it in a box
I would eat it with a fox(y) lady
I would eat it here or there
I would eat it anywhere

Out of hand
on crackers with (smoked) cheese

Breakfast - warmed with eggs
lunch - on a sammie

snack - melt a little cheese on it under the broiler.

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Um...it's natural home....eggs benedict? yummo...we have served it as appetizers (cubed up with cheese and spicey mustard) , breakfast, brunch, lunch (on a sandwich) ah...ah...you name it...just do it...anything you would do with ham is applicable IMHO...

deb415611

I have diced it up and sprinkled it over waffle batter before closing the waffle iron. Yum....

the cake timer is going off........

seemore

Brisket Lover, we make our own Egg McMuffins, and we put McDonalds to shame.  We have also used our Canadian bacon on pizza and with pasta.  Like LQ said, use it like you would ham.  Eggs benedict would be awesome.
AND DON'T FORGET to try Hab's peameal bacon.  It is canadian bacon sliced, dipped in egg, the dipped in cornmeal, and fried.  WONDERFUL STUFF!
I have made pea salad and used Canadian bacon instead of ham.  Another EXCELLENT twist!

La Quinta

Hey seemore...I have McDonalds recipes for every meal they have...it's very interesting...down to every sauce, the cut of meat, fish, french fies, the whole nine yards....

Interesting story..

Smokin Soon

Yes! I do Habs McMuffins every weekend!

Yooper Jim

All excellent ways to eat CB.  My favorite is fried on a toasted bagel smeared with blue cheese.

seemore

Yooper, Canadian Bacon with blue cheese on a bagel???  THat sounds WONDERFUL!
Welcome, by the way!

LQ, please tell me how you happen to have all of Mickey D's recipes???

???

La Quinta

seemore...actually an executive of McDonalds apparently left his employ and took "all the secrets" with him! It's pretty kool...how ya make all of their stuff...McNuggets (which product is used), McEverything...which fish, what brand of burgers, the ingredients in the sauces...really quite interesting. I don't eat fast food but it's kinda a kool thing to read. I got it from a friend out here (as he made Bob and I an authentic sausage/egg McMuffin one morning while we were visiting). It tasted EXACTLY like what you get a Mcki Ds...

Anyhoo...I don't know if the executive leaving story is true...just a rumor as far as I know personally...but I do have "the cookbook".

nickld

How about putting some CB on a pizza! Mmmmmm... Maybe with some pineapple....

;D

FLBentRider

That sounds good. A Canadian Bacon and Pineapple Pizza and some onions.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

seemore

We put them in the smoker this morning:

We smoked them following Hab's recipe, and we netted them.  They were smoked at 225 for 4 1/2 hours with hickory - OOPS!  We were out of maple and had to improvise - to an IT of 140.
Here they are:

The aroma coming off of these is incredible!  It is going to be a LONG two days waiting period......

FLBentRider

Yes it is a long 2 days, but you always have the "quality control" slice off the end!

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

Hickory is fine. I never thought of using netting. Much easier then tying. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)