Canadian Bacon

Started by seemore, February 28, 2009, 05:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Looks like it runed out pretty good Seemore's
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

That's it you guys got me. Have one in frig. curing, now the long wait. Just doing a 4 pounder.
Wife came home from shopping with 3 - 10 lb. loins and 9 racks of baby backs, gotta love her.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Roadking on March 10, 2009, 07:24:19 AM
Wife came home from shopping with 3 - 10 lb. loins and 9 racks of baby backs, gotta love her.

:o  :o  :o

I hope ya gave here a hug!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Roadking

I think she's preparing for the warm weather, we have a 35' RV in Pa. near Ephrata.

seemore

Roadking, Mr. and I are itching to get our fifth wheel out.  Today it was only 22 degrees, so we'll be waiting a bit longer....
We tried Hab's bacon today.   YUM!!!!
I can't wait to have breakfast this Saturday!!!!!

Gizmo

MRS,
WIth that bacon, put it on an english muffin with egg, smoked cheese, and top the bun with some diced up pepperocini, mixed into salad dressing and a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

I can personally vouch for Giz's breakfast sandwich...it's killer!!!  ;D

Roadking

Monday it hits the smoker and while it's smoking we get to open the smoked cheese.

Hey Nepas, Have a good trip. Be careful on the road and don't forget to stop every once in a while to stretch your legs.

josbocc

Hey All,

Got to throw my two-cents in.  Habs CB is awesome and makes a phenomenal breakfast muffin.  However..., the Mrs. had no ham around for her last batch of scalloped potatoes, so she substituted some CB.  WOW!!!!

Like the netting idea, might have to give that a whirl.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

seemore

Let's see....the Gizmo breakfast sandwich and scalloped potatoes and Canadian bacon.
Two "must trys" in the upcoming week!

Gizmo

Let me know when you are serving, I'll be right over.  :P
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

seemore

Giz, what kind of salad dressing do you use?

I also have a bagel and some blue cheese for another breakfast this week - someone earlier in this discussion mentioned CB and blue cheese on a toasted bagel.

So many choices............YUM.

westexasmoker

Quote from: seemore on March 13, 2009, 06:23:52 PM
Giz, what kind of salad dressing do you use?

I also have a bagel and some blue cheese for another breakfast this week - someone earlier in this discussion mentioned CB and blue cheese on a toasted bagel.

So many choices............YUM.

Mmmmm....Blue Cheese!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

seemore

Well, this is what we did this morning:  a McHabMo with Yooper Sauce!
We made the the breakfast sandwich with eggs, smoked cheddar cheese and Hab's bacon on an English muffin.  Using Gizmo's suggestion, we then diced up two pepperoncini and mixed it in with some blue cheese dressing - following Yooper Jim's suggestion of blue cheese with Canadian bacon - and added some Tabasco sauce.  We also added just a little bit of crumbled blue cheese.
WHAT A GREAT BREAKFAST SANDWICH!!!! 
Thanks to everyone for the fantastic ideas!!!!