Cleaning Information

Started by freddyboy, March 01, 2009, 08:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyboy

Hello Fellow Bradley Smoker's  :)

I seem to have the uncanny knack of having a tough time keeping my grills clean.
I wiped the grills prior with oil /lard and even sprayed different oils ( Pam ).
The cleaning is a pain in the butt.
What is the secret?
Has anyone else run into this ?

NePaSmoKer

I have a Weber and a Traeger. The grills and drip tray in my Traeger i power wash. The racks, v-tray, water bowl in my Bradley's i wash by hand. As far as cleaning the inside of your Bradley........Don't. It will smoke better the crustier it gets.

nepas

deb415611

freddyboy,

I use these screens on my racks for everything. http://www.yardandpool.com/High-Temperature-Jerky-Drying-Screen-p1900.html    It makes the cleanup much easier. 

I got them from Bryan at Yard & Pool   
Deb

Mr Walleye

Hi FreddyBoy and welcome to the forum.

I agree using the high temp screens helps. As far as cleaning the V-pan and racks I use regular dish soap and hot water, just let them soak for a few hours and they usually scrub right off. Some of the members use a large storage tote to do this in. I have a large laundry tube that I use for this purpose.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

nickld

Welcome aboard Freddy Boy!

I simply soak my racks, V-tray, and water tray in hot soapy water with a bit of bleach. I then scrub with a scotch-brite sponge or a scrub brush if there are any stubborn bits. I will be purchasing the high-temp jerky drying screens from Bryan at Yard and Pool soon as I like to smoke a lot of salmon and salmon tends to stick even to the non-stick coated screens...  Enjoy your bradley!

~Nick

West Coast Kansan

The high temp screens and using Dawn Power Disolver soak for a few minutes has made my clean up pretty easy. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

KyNola

WCK has it dead on the money.  Exactly what I use as well.  Those high temp screens are incredible.

KyNola

carnie1

Yooper Jim

I just soak trays and V pan in soapy water for awhile and give them a cursory scrub with a scotch brite.  Then they all go into the dishwasher with the bowl and drip pan.  Out they come like brand new.

okeejohn

I soak my Bradly racks and Drip tray in soapy water. As far as my Big Green Egg, cleaning is a snap!! No electrical parts to worry about, no rusting parts, just scrape the grate andthat's all.

Okeejohn