It's that time of the year...

Started by HCT, March 07, 2009, 12:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Don't be sorry, Pens........my pain is often the cause of many a laugh.  Least that's how the wife feels  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

westexasmoker

I'm making your tater cake tonight.......without the finger (I hope)  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

I normally get mad at myself when I do something like that, but it does feel better to laugh about it afterwards.  ;D

Smoking Duck

Quote from: westexasmoker on March 09, 2009, 03:34:29 PM
I'm making your tater cake tonight.......without the finger (I hope)  ;D

C

Make sure you pack the taters down with each layer.  Also, use a non-stick pan if you have one and put a layer of oil on the bottom.

If you have to use the finger, don't use the middle one.....that comes in handy when you're driving  ;D

Smoking Duck

Quote from: pensrock on March 09, 2009, 03:40:17 PM
I normally get mad at myself when I do something like that, but it does feel better to laugh about it afterwards.  ;D

Yea, I was more worried about the taters than I was my finger.  And then I was mad that I couldn't get it to stop.  Heck, I even tried sticking my finger in a bowl of salt.............I would, however, recommend against trying that.  My kids heard more and worse words than they would at midnight on cinemax  :o ;D

seemore

SD, I was seriously thinking of asking for a mandolin for my next birthday;  after reading your story though, I think I will pass....
I am Mrs. Grace & Dignity -NOT!.
Mrs.

Ka Honu

I'm sorry folks, but I gotta jump in here.  I'd have done it earlier but I've been in stitches (so to speak) from sodak's finger food line.

Please, do not ever attempt to slice anything with a mandolin.  You'll ruin it's ability to ever carry a tune again!  You also should never try to play music by strumming a mandoline or you'll make SD's mishap look like a paper cut.

La Quinta

Very, very funny Ka honu!!!  :D

Sorry about your finger Giggles....about a month ago...I dropped a very shap knife and tried to pin it against the counter with my thigh (as a dog was standing at my feet "crumbming")...have a very expensive scar on my thigh...good news...it's hardly noticeable now....

Scotty-G

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 09, 2009, 07:53:04 PM
Please, do not ever attempt to slice anything with a mandolin.  You'll ruin it's ability to ever carry a tune again!  You also should never try to play music by strumming a mandoline or you'll make SD's mishap look like a paper cut.

QuoteNow there's coffee on my monitor!

Okay, now soda is all over my monitor, my desk & my clothes  :D  :D  ;D  :D  :D

SD I am sorry for your loss, just don't try to point me in the right direction.  ;D

Gotta tell you.  Had a long, bad day at work today and I really needed the laugh.  This helped SOOOO  :o  much  :D
Thank you

Mr Walleye

SD

I wasn't going to tell this one...

I had ordered a couple of nice fillet knives. I always get stuff I order delivered to my office, mainly because I'm always there. Anyway the delivery truck arrives and drops my knives off so of course I have to open the new toys... I mean tools. So, I get one knife out the packaging after a big fight with it. Next I take this razor sharp fillet knife and cut the other package open... knife slips and slashes the front of my dress pants open!  :o  Let me tell ya... I had the "deer in the headlights look"!  :o   No "equipment" damage but scared the crap outs me!  :D

Ahhh yes... Life's stupid moments!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Duck, I have one of those mandolins and I am so afraid of it I throw stuff away when it gets close to finger time! It's the best for taters!

Ka Honu

There's a reason many mandoline slicers come with food holders.  I think SD (and by extension, the rest of us) now know why.

The real lesson here may be that multitasking ain't as easy as it used to be (and is probably never a good thing when one of the tasks involves blades and/or moving parts).  I certainly speak from plenty of (often painful) experience on that point.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on March 09, 2009, 08:06:45 PM
Very, very funny Ka honu!!!  :D

Sorry about your finger Giggles....about a month ago...I dropped a very shap knife and tried to pin it against the counter with my thigh (as a dog was standing at my feet "crumbming")...have a very expensive scar on my thigh...good news...it's hardly noticeable now....
LQ;

I feel your pain. I learn about a year ago, no matter how expensive your knife is, never attempt to catch it in mid-air after it fall off the counter. OUCH!!!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

SD,
I hope your finger "feels" better soon.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

I never realized how many comedians we had here on the site.  ;D ;D

The finger is feeling much better, however, because it's not stiched, it's just a gaping wound so I have to be careful to keep it really clean.  Like I said, I haven't done dishes now since it happened and quite frankly, my hands have never looked better (with the exception of the one finger, of course ;D).

I blame HCT for all of this mainly.  If he wasn't so darned interesting, I would not have been so caught up in the conversation and would have realized that the dang thing had just sliced a portion of my finger clean off.