Pork loin roast

Started by oguard, January 18, 2005, 02:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oguard

Hi guys
I did a pork loin roast this weekend.It was my first experience with a larger cut of meat.I used the bacon on the top rack trick,it worked very well.I also put some onions on the rack below,they went well with the roasted spuds[:p].I have the recipe and was wondering where I should post it.[:D][:D]
Keep on smokin
Mike
p.s my wife thinks I am addicted I think she is right.[:p][:D]
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

tsquared

Put it on right here, Oguard--let's see it! Tell your wife that surely she's heard that smokin is a hard habit to kick! [:D]
Tom

oguard

Well here is the recipe
marinate 12-18 hours
2-cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp dried rosemary
2-cups apple juice(unsweetened)
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup rye whiskey(no its not a waste)
1-tsp nutmeg
2-tbsp Denzels pineapple punch hot sauce

I marinated mine in a Ziploc bag,flipping it every 6 hrs.

Rub
This rub comes from Ron Shewchucks book Barbecue Secrets
3/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup coarse black pepper
1/4 cup chile pepper
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne

I used ballpark mustard to coat and then apply rub.The roast then went back in the fridge to absorb the rub(about 15 minutes).Warmed up the bs to 225F and put the racks of roast and bacon in.Turned down bs to 200F,4 1/2 hrs later the meats temp was at 149F,pulled it out and let rest.I've never had a tastier meal,the roast was so moist[:p][:p].I shaved some up for my sandwich and added the double smoked bacon.[:D]The guys at work were a little envious[;)].

keep on smokin
Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Thunder Fish

Oguard,I do tenderloins stuffed with Italian Sausage(skip the bacon)to a temp of around 155.Just a "basic rub" then let them sit in Maple syrup for a few hrs prior to smoking
They are way better the next day in a sandwich [:p]