Newbie*

Started by Fuzzybear, January 26, 2004, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzybear

Hey M.W.!

I sent them an email inquiring as to status on Saturday but I'm assuming that they wouldn't respond until today sometime...I'll check my AOL email when I get home after work to verify.

Thanks for the info on Jack's - to bad they are Western WA, I"m moving to Spokane either this year or next - would have been nice if they were closer!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

Got home in time to see UPS driving away....Chez Bubba delivers!
Got my 3 boxes of wood pucks (Maple/Mesquite/Special blend) and 1 bag o' bubba pucks!

Thanks Kirk!  (3 days from Indiana to California!!) it don't get better than that![:D]

America's Best BBQ responded today that "FedEx will notify me via email when they ship and expected delivery date"  they further said: "normal delivery is 10-15 days"...they didn't say from when though...maybe from the date FedEx ships???  It is now day 7...[:(]

Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

Day 8....Emailed americasbestbbq on yesterday...(where's my smoker? - fedex has not sent a ship date or tracking number yet) and they responded "will call the factory and check and advise status when they hear back"[:(]

At least they are responding!!![:)]

Glendora, CA - USA!

poorman

[:D]<b></b><i></i><font face="Script MT Bold"></font id="Script MT Bold"><font size="6"></font id="size6"><font color="red"></font id="red">Fuzzybear well my b.s. came today I love it. Season it by 4pm est made some beef jerkey that I cured over night. I love this unit. Beef came out the best I ever made. Doing chicken right now, have it in a salt water brian, will dry it out over night and then smoke it. well hope you have as much fun as I an.

Fuzzybear

Allright!  That's downright mean![:D]

When did you order yours?  From whom?  I probably read it somewhere here in one of these posts...

Let me know how the chicken turns out - that will be one of my first projects when I get mine...someday...boohoo!

Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

Hey Poorman...scratch the reply...never mind - my mind was gone...[xx(]West Coast/California...would be interested in knowing how long the whole process took you though...

Glendora, CA - USA!

poorman

[:)]<font size="5"></font id="size5"><font color="purple"></font id="purple"><font face="Book Antiqua"></font id="Book Antiqua">I got the smoker at 1pm est had it smoking at 3pm put the beef in at 5pm cook it for all most 2 hours. I have the chicken in a salt water brine for 4 hours after this note I am going to fiush the chicken in cool water then dry over night in fig. will smoke at a round 200F for 4hours or when done.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fuzzybear</i>
<br />Got home in time to see UPS driving away....Chez Bubba delivers!
Got my 3 boxes of wood pucks (Maple/Mesquite/Special blend) and 1 bag o' bubba pucks!

Thanks Kirk!  (3 days from Indiana to California!!) it don't get better than that![:D]

America's Best BBQ responded today that "FedEx will notify me via email when they ship and expected delivery date"  they further said: "normal delivery is 10-15 days"...they didn't say from when though...maybe from the date FedEx ships???  It is now day 7...[:(]

Glendora, CA - USA!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Their "warehouse" is halfway from us to you. Kinda makes you go hmmmm? and also re-define "FedEx".[;)]

http://www.chezbubba.com
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Yes it does Kirk...anyone reading the post will surely wonder if $10 bucks is worth it all!  But, that's what I promised to do - post my experience so others can learn from it!

Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

Feb 04, 2004...9 days...

Got home today...found a FedEx door tag...said they tried to deliver my smoker but since I wasn't home, they couldn't leave it of course...so.....now I've signed the paper and hopefully, they'll leave it on 2/5/04....

Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

I'm bummed....turns out FedEx was just dropping of some paperwork on my house...damn!  I wish Fedex would show who the packages are...[:(]

It is now day number: <font size="5"></font id="size5">10!!  and no further word from America's Best BBQ....they said they would follow up...is one day to much to expect?   Hmmmmm????

Glendora, CA - USA!

Fuzzybear

Getting tired of my saga yet?

Called ABBQ this a.m.....about 1:00pm heard back from Pam...she said it is due to ship on Monday.....great....I'm outta town on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...booo hooo[:(]

Where's my B.S.?????[:(!]    On a dock somewhere or in a shipping bin!!!

Life don't get much better than this![}:)]

Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

Fuzzy,

Looks like you picked the wrong screen name. Linus is looking more appropriate.[;)][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Yeah Kirk, I think you are correct!!!

My name is cursed!!![:o)]

Glendora, CA - USA!

MallardWacker

Hey Big Fuzz,

Just wanted to let you know that <s>Americas Best</s> is off my referance list.  I feel bad for ya.  Just think a life that is on hold and not being enriched by a BS.  That is painful.  I enjoy this little black box to no end.  You must try making your own bacon (this was something I never thought I could do) it is fairly easy and down right great.  Give us some pictures when you get that thing seasoned in well.

Hey, do any duck hunting out there??

SmokeOn,

mski

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...