Newbie*

Started by Fuzzybear, January 26, 2004, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Fuzzy,

Man, saw that chicken.  I hoped it taste as good as it looked. I'm sure it did. Good job. I still can't beleive it about abb, but what ta hay, this to shall pass.  This time next year you won't even think about it.  Keep the pics coming.

The loin back ribs came out perrrrfect.  My ribs I have always seemed to have a problem with.  Switched to loin backs.  Preheated my BS for two hours at 200.  DID NOT, I repeat DID NOT look at them for four hours.  Then took them out when the internal temp was at 187.  Total of 8.5 hours with 4 hours of smoke.  Thought they may come out dry.
 I even impressed my wife.  When it comes to ribs that is almost impossible to do.  Very slight crust, good flavor and I'l be darned-moist.. They were even moist on the second reheat.  They finally looked like they rendered correctly.

SmokeOn,

mski

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Fuzzybear

Boy, that sounds good - I'll have to try some ribs soon - the family likes the pork ribs...I'll have to look around for some recipies...

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Kummok

YES!![:D][:D] Glad this saga is behind you!! After 112 posts on the BS forum, (ALL of them interesting/informative/useful, I'll add[;)]), it's gratifying to finally see the durn thing in your hands!!

Thanks for the invite to smoke my fish[;)]....there's a snowball's chance in hell that I'll EVER voluntarily leave Alaska to go back anywhere near the I-10 freeway, but if I do, I'll bring some King slabs and help you displace a little of that yellowish mustard gas stuff I used to breath there, with a little REALLY healthful alder smoke and salmon steam [:D]

I just got back on the forum after a brief recess and am anxious to check out the rest of the threads to hear about your choice of inaugural (sp?) meats!![:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

IKnowWood

Man, I hate it when I learn way to late.

I have been waiting to replace my smoker for a long time now.  Last Spring I decided it was time but did not know.  My Father-in-law and I were at BassPro and we looked the Braldey over.  A couple days late, he was setting his up and reading this forum.  

It took some time for me to finally say yes.  I told myself Fall was when I would go forward.  I searched for a while for best price.  And like others went with Americasbestbbq.com

I did not see FuzzyBears ordeal or others.

Mine was Ordered September 27 (card charged then also) and its now November 2nd and still no smoker.  My wife and I have been going back and forth with them since October 21st and still no resolution.  They even claimed Bradley lost the order sometime.

I hate having to be yet another owner to be to learn the hard way.  And all this to save $5

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

nsxbill

IKnowWood

Welcome to the forum.  I hope they finally come through for you.  Check back in when you get it, and do it often.  Lots of good information and support available here.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Chez Bubba

IKW,

Sorry to hear about that. I'd bet a thousand bucks it wasn't Bradley's error. Not to rub salt into your wound, but MD is usually a 2-day point for us. (You could always cancel.....[;)][:D])

You're gonna love it once you get it & we look forward to your posts about your experiences.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

I agree with the cancel if you have not received it. Ya I know you have to fill out a form with the CC company. And the monies take a little while in being credited back to you. But 5 weeks in bucket is too long.

When I order something and it goes past a ten day period I make one call to explain that the item must be received within the next 5 days. If not I will contact my CC company and explain to them that the company has not honored its shipping agreement. Thus I will challenge the charged amount.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jb9

Yep, cancel. That's ridiculous. You paid too much to get it from a place with no reputation I know of. I checked their prices, and I paid $75 less for my SS Bradley than they charge and it came with more accessories. I bought mine from [edited to avoid flames] and it arrived in less than a week. It's a bummer you paid good money for nothing. IMHO, they've taken too long and it's time to cancel your order and buy elsewhere. After 5 weeks, no more promises, blaming, etc. They blew it and shouldn't get to keep your money any longer.

JJC

Absolutely cancel . . . and then order one from Chez.  The combo of excellent price, great service, and lifetime puck discount can't be beat, period.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

IKnowWood

All, I finally did get the Smoker, only after talking directly with Bradley.  They did right by us and got it to us ASAP and got us shipping info as soon as they got it.  I have all the respect for them.

I sent Bradley all the correspondence from the other company and verbally mentioned some of the language and blame they gave.

At this point, that's past us.  We got it this week and I am seasoning it tomorrow (Saturday) and first usage is Sunday.  

thanks for the support.

Oh yeah, Bradley also send us the Smoker pack with the "Special Blend" - aka "hot dog wood"  At least I can season with it and not waste some of the great Hickory  or Mesquite I got from Kirk.  - this was not the option from the original company.

Also I will use Kirk (ChezBubba) for supplies, buy from a user.  I learned my lesson.

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

JJC

Glad it worked out well, IKW!  A lot of us have learned the hard way, believe me . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Bourbon

Whoa...... Hey now..... Lets not shoot the messenger.
As a FedEx Ground contractor, I feel I have to step in here.  I understand that when a package is coming via FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc... it's commonplace for the carrier to bear the burden of blame.  I assure you all that FedEx (Ground anyways) pushes the phrase "Every package, Everyday" to the max as there are service standards to maintain.  I also worked at UPS briefly and I assure you that packages are kicked around equally everywhere.

Anyways, glad you finally got your smoker.  I've had mine for about a year now (even with small dent in the side of it from UPS[^]) and is one of the best purchases i've ever made.  I think I paid about $320 shipped for it with no accessories from ****.  (better not say).  I know locally Sportsmans Warehouse sells  them for around $400 and sells the 48pks for $15.99.

Printed everything here with a grin on my face..  Nobody take me too seriously, eh?

Aaron

JJC

Welcome, Aaron.  Don't worry, most of us don't take anyone too seriously, including ourselves . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">Welcome, Aaron. Don't worry, most of us don't take anyone too seriously, including ourselves </font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Ya what he said....

And never, ever take DuckMan seriously...as he is always pickin' bird shot out of his ares.... [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!