Smoke & Excitement - That's a good thing!

Started by Sauce Bauce, January 19, 2005, 11:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />

You are pretty old Sauce.  I'm 60.

Bill
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I thought that subject would die if I just let it alone but I didn't allow for trouble makers!

jeanne

Sauce,
That is soommme pig picture! I respect your passion for smoking. I understand it. Keep up the good work![^]
Jeanne

JJC

Wow, that's incredible! [:0][:0][:0]

How many BS and how many hours?  Sounds like another raffle question . . . [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

Heavens~~~man I wonder what the back straps looked like.  Give me one~~~~I want one~~~<b><font color="blue">I'l put the big cure on it</font id="blue"> </b>.  Definatley Jalepeno.  Gives a whole new meaning to "Hog Wild".

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

[:0][:0][:0]Man that thing is huge

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Ded Leg

Man, that is one BIG pig.  The only time I have seen anything near that big was at the state fair.  Just curious though was it a boar or a sow.  I have heard that boars if they aren't castrated have a real strong flavor to the meat.  I don't know if that is true or not.

Ded Leg

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ded Leg</i>
<br />Man, that is one BIG pig.  The only time I have seen anything near that big was at the state fair.  Just curious though was it a boar or a sow.  I have heard that boars if they aren't castrated have a real strong flavor to the meat.  I don't know if that is true or not.

Ded Leg

Look just behind his back leg.  Them's mountain oysters!!

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ded Leg</i>
<br />Man, that is one BIG pig.  The only time I have seen anything near that big was at the state fair.  Just curious though was it a boar or a sow.  I have heard that boars if they aren't castrated have a real strong flavor to the meat.  I don't know if that is true or not.

Ded Leg
Welcome, Marc  Don't forget to participate in the raffle . . . and don't be a stranger!  We'd love to hear about your BS experiences and recipes [:)][8D]!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sauce Bauce</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ded Leg</i>

Ded Leg

Look just behind his back leg.  Them's mountain oysters!!
Uh, Sauce, maybe the resolution on the pic you are looking at is better than mine, but it's not THAT clear that we're looking at, um, testicles, to use the technical term [;)]!  Of course, I'm perfectly happy to take your word for it![:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Sauce Bauce

<center></center>
<font color="maroon">  My cart project is almost complete.  I am waiting on the Guru/Raptor scheduled for delivery this afternoon and once it is mounted, I will be through.

I bought the two metal cabinets at Sears on  a Clearance Sale for $30.00 each.  I purchased two 12 foot pieces of red oak 1x4 (approx. $50) and cut them to the length I wanted and glued them together using beech biscuits. After routing the edges using a 1/4 inch roundover bit I sanded and attached it to the top of the two cabinets.  I rubbed a good coat of vaseline on the top to water proof it and make it safe in case it comes in contact with food.  I then  built a base with 4 rubber wheels and attached the cabinets to the base.  I the  attached a power strip to the back of the cabinets for easy access.  I have a magnetic base lamp ordered that I will place on top of the Bradley Smoker. All together I have about $85 in this nice Smoker Cart.

<center>Here is a picture of the result, so far.</font id="maroon">

</center>  
<center></center>

BigSmoker

Sauce Bauce,
Very Nice.  Enjoy the smoker[:D].

Jeff
//www.bbqshopping.com

[/url]
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Cold Smoke

Super!! Are you mass producing these???[;)]

Cold Smoke

Sauce Bauce

<center></center>
<font color="maroon">No way Smoke!

I didn't think I was going to get this one finished.  The Guru/Raptor came in this afternoon and I will install it tomorrow.  That will complete this project.  Now I need to finish some of the other stuff I started but haven't finished. [:D]</font id="maroon">

<center></center>

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sauce Bauce</i>
<br /><center></center>
<font color="maroon">  My cart project is almost complete.  I am waiting on the Guru/Raptor scheduled for delivery this afternoon and once it is mounted, I will be through.

I bought the two metal cabinets at Sears on  a Clearance Sale for $30.00 each.  I purchased two 12 foot pieces of red oak 1x4 (approx. $50) and cut them to the length I wanted and glued them together using beech biscuits. After routing the edges using a 1/4 inch roundover bit I sanded and attached it to the top of the two cabinets.  I rubbed a good coat of vaseline on the top to water proof it and make it safe in case it comes in contact with food.  I then  built a base with 4 rubber wheels and attached the cabinets to the base.  I the  attached a power strip to the back of the cabinets for easy access.  I have a magnetic base lamp ordered that I will place on top of the Bradley Smoker. All together I have about $85 in this nice Smoker Cart.

<center>Here is a picture of the result, so far.</font id="maroon">

</center>  
<center></center>
Looks great, Suace!  Send us a picture of the complete unit with the Guru/Raptor mounted [8D]!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Sauce Bauce

<center></center>

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">I have a question!

When using the Guru/Raptor combination what happens to the smoke generator when you are approaching the pit temp.  If it reduces the current going to the Bradley wouldn't this mess things up as far as burning the bisquetts and the timing of your smoke period?  Should the smoke generator bypass the raptor so the current stays constant?

I just finished installing the Competitor and the Raptor.  Looks good and I am running a test now using the sweet potato method the Guru recommends but I am puzzled about the above question.</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">