What to do with some Goose(geese) breast ?

Started by MallardWacker, January 19, 2005, 05:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

The crew and I went this past weekend and took to the river and made a nice qualified harvest of a few Canadian Geese(thats PC for wacking some geese).  Came back with some very nice Skin~On Breasts.  What to do???  WalMart had some Tony Chessery's Cajun Butter and Jalepeno marinade injection stuff on the close out rack.  Thought I would let'm soak for a long time, then follow up with Apple or Cherry wood.  What about breast temp, same as chicken?

(OK folks, holster those quivering quote buttons)

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Cold Smoke

Goose Killer- Glad to hear someone is diluting the herd with some well directed buckshot. Give 'er! They (Canadas- geese I mean)invade the area around our place- need to pull on our Ukrainian cowboy boots (rubber boots)in the spring and fall if we want to go outside without ruining our Nikes. I heard that the HiMountain goose jerky is darn good for these.

Cold Smoke

JJC

Ahem, even us citified urban folk are plagued by Canadian geese and their "Jerry Lee Lewis/Big Bopper" offal all over the place.  I, for one, applaud the "qualified harvest" of these delectable creatures in a manner that will ensure the propagation of the species in an environmentally responsible manner.  Providing sustenance and exscellent BS smoker recipes is simply a fringe benefit . . . [8D][;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

birdboy

So have you tried smokin them yet?  Like I said in the other post, I salted, peppered and wrapped in bacon, smoked with Pecan.  Very good, I had taken the skin off of these.

car54

A friend gave me a wild goose breast to smoke. I brined for 12 hours then smoked it with apple at 200 degrees until 165 degrees. It took about 4 hours. The taste was good, some parts were fairly tender and it helped to slice it thin.

Chez Bubba

MW,

Isn't goose closer to duck than chicken as being almost a red meat? If you cooked it to 165F, wouldn't it be painfully overdone?

I've never done goose, so I don't know, just askin' questions. Hate to see you ruin a perfectly good piece of meat.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">They (Canadas- geese I mean)invade the area around our place- need to pull on our Ukrainian cowboy boots (rubber boots)in the spring and fall if we want to go outside without ruining our Nikes.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Ahem, even us citified urban folk are plagued by Canadian geese and their "Jerry Lee Lewis/Big Bopper" offal all over the place.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You all don't know what is tough. When the winter Robins come they eat these berries off of the trash trees. Then they get drunk on the berries. I've seen them walk across the ground falling over every couple of steps. Next, they fly while drunk into everything. My next door neighbor has replaced two (older) windows this year so far and it is not over yet, and even though my house has new high impact windows I watched in horror this past week as my big picture window killed 4 of them. Splat! In fact I bet my house killed at least 15 of them this past week! Talk about driving the dogs nuts--this wham wham just about every minute of the hour kept them going. This is no joke. When they are here in force my house is taking a good 30 hits per hour.

You can see them coming and then wham into the house. You look out and see that the robin is like shaking his head walking around in some kind of stupor! Funnest thing I've seen.

Now here come the real nasty. When they are in the oak tree above my house releaving themselves there are so many of them it sounds like it is raining! Boots! Ha you need a big  umbrella just to get to the mail box.

Today is the first day in a good week no umbrella was needed to get the paper.

EDIT: I just looked and the trash trees have no more berries [:D] So I guess it is over this year for my area.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Cold Smoke

It's a good thing geese don't perch in trees and eat berries. Those things could probably take out a 747.[;)][xx(]

Cold Smoke

MallardWacker

Holy~~~Shlamo~~lee,

That is what I love about this place.  You start talking about Goose Brests and you end up with Ukrainian cowboy boots, 747's, plate glass windows, "Jerry Lee Lewis/Big Bopper" poop, and the finest unlawful way to shooy Canadians~Buck Shot.  There is now way that LOL discribes me right now.

To answer you question KIRK, I really don't know.  This is the first time for the geese(goose) thing.  Everyone I ever dispatched, someone always wanted it.  But this last time we had way over 100lbs of Honker so I told them I wanted some this time.

OK here, I am going to get little weird here.  One thing about the net is that no one reallys KNOWS you AND you and you may never know what may of happend to them right before they read your posts. Boys and Girls, not to get into it, last evening I had a evening I want to for get, let me put it at that.  Thanks for the smile everyone, I needed it.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Cold Smoke

Mallard- I hope all is cool-[:0][;)]

You jus' about killed me with your response- <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">MallardWacker Posted - 24 Jan 2005 : 00:36:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Holy~~~Shlamo~~lee,

That is what I love about this place. You start talking about Goose Brests and you end up with Ukrainian cowboy boots, 747's, plate glass windows, "Jerry Lee Lewis/Big Bopper" poop, and the finest unlawful way to shooy Canadians~Buck Shot. There is now way that LOL discribes me right now.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Cold Smoke

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />  Thanks for the smile everyone, I needed it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey Duck-man,

Glad I could provide a tooth or two on that smile of yours . . . God knows you've quacked me up more than a few times! [:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Chez Bubba

Mike,

Wish I could say it's no big deal waking up next to a double-bagger after a 24-hour drunk, but I'm guessing that's not your issue.[:D][:(]

Best of luck, maybe a hard-smokin' weekend is the cure. Nothin' like it to clear the mind.[:)]

And the bowels![:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

You Guys are the best![:D]  Thanks

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas