Old's Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts

Started by josbocc, March 22, 2009, 06:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Lumpy,

Having been a college student in Potsdam, NY from 1983 - 1988 (yup took me 5 years, my learning curve was a little flat) I can recall my first trip north O` the border for a "Beer Run."  We went to Cornwall and were absolutley mesmerized by the beer store.  It reminded me of going to McDonalds.  You looked at the menu, placed your order, and the clerk proudly announced into a microphone, "2 Brador, 1 50, and 2 Export."  We watched in awe as our cases rolled down the conveyor belt, and into our waiting arms.

The trip back through customs wasn't as memorable.  They made us pay duty on all of it, and we didn't have enough funds.  Had to leave one of our buddies at the border for collateral as we made our way to a US bank to retrieve the remainder of the funds.  Was worth the hassle though..., we had lots of friends when we finally made it back to campus  ;D ;D ;D.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Ka Honu

Quote from: josbocc on March 26, 2009, 02:10:35 PM...Having been a college student ... from 1983 - 1988

I've got dustballs under my couch older than that!

Roadking

We had the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts today. Used the Canadian Bacon and the smoke Jalapeno Jack in them. Wife loved them and so did I, a first for us, definitely will be a repeat.

Smokin Soon

Roadking, I like a spicy smoked cheese. I love the pepperjack, but have never seen the Jalapeno Jack. Is there a brand you prefer?

Roadking

Quote from: Smokin Soon on April 04, 2009, 07:08:32 PM
Roadking, I like a spicy smoked cheese. I love the pepperjack, but have never seen the Jalapeno Jack. Is there a brand you prefer?
Stop and Shop brand It's Pepper Jack Montery ingredients lists the Jalapeno.
Today she came home with more blocks of the Pepper Jack, Regular Montery, and cheddar and said "Get smoking".

RossP

I made some also on the weekend but I used Jalapeno Havarti, mmmmmm good.
First time trying Bacon Wrapped Chicken, I liked it so did our 25 year old son
who happened to stop by at dinner time. Made 7 and there was only 3 of us but
some how when son left there were only two chicken breasts left. ;D
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Carter

Nothin like a nice bottle of Fitty.

Food looks good too.

Carter