Dammit!!!! :-(

Started by Torchman, January 21, 2005, 12:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torchman

OK...Third smoke...smoker is 5 days out of the box...and the bisquit advance is NOT WORKING...It just "clicks", with either the timer or the advance button....any suggestions for an easy fix??I dont want to do the warranty thing if I can fix it myself. I cant return it to the store..its "smoked up".. Thanks,
Frank

oguard

Frank,
I had this happen to my bs.Here is my fix unplg the smoke generator to reset it,if this does not work try taking it apart and give it a clean.[;)]
keep on smokin
Mike
p.s. if you do have to go the warranty route nobig deal bradley is great on service.[:D]
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Torchman

Trying it now...thank you!!!

Chez Bubba

Take the pucks out & hit the advance button. Does the pusher move at all? Does it not go all the way back?

Also, sometimes when you use an abused puck (roughed up so a lot of the wood has flaked away so it's smaller) they can get cocked & wedge in between the pusher & the tube.

HTH,

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Torchman

Thanks...I unplugged, blew it out with compressed air..(puter can) and tried to watch it...I HEAR a click...but NO JOY...and I just bragged it up!!! Guess I will make the call..:-(

Torchman

LOL...to add insult...the 2 chickens are turning away on the Ronco!!! :-P

Cold Smoke

Boo....Sorry to hear that Torchman

What did Forest Gump say??- " Stuff happens"? The Bradley folks will fix you up in short order- The delay sucks...In the meantime..."Set it and forget it".[:(][:(][V]

Cold Smoke

JJC

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Forum . . . sorry you had a problem right away.  If you speak with Cassandra at Bradley (although I'm sure everyone there is really helpful) she'll get you fixed up ASAP.  Make sure you get back to us with your customer service experience![8D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Warrior

Hey there Frank.  I was just having the same problem.  Mine would only cycle back half way and would not pick up the next puck.  I took it apart and loosened the screws on the track that it goes back and forth on and viola...  Works like a dream.  Just turned them back like half a turn.

Turkey is going in in the AM[8D]

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Warrior</i>
<br />Hey there Frank.  I was just having the same problem.  Mine would only cycle back half way and would not pick up the next puck.  I took it apart and loosened the screws on the track that it goes back and forth on and viola...  Works like a dream.  Just turned them back like half a turn.

Turkey is going in in the AM[8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Welcome to the Forum, Dwayne, and thanks for the suggestion.  I'm not sure I've seen that one yet--it's likely to be a really handy tip.[:)]

Olds, should this be added to the Trips and Tricks section?[:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

humpa

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey there Frank. I was just having the same problem. Mine would only cycle back half way and would not pick up the next puck. I took it apart and loosened the screws on the track that it goes back and forth on and viola... Works like a dream. Just turned them back like half a turn.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
WOWza.....I think this is very interesting. Mine misses every once in a while. It seems the puck catches on the lip and won't fall all the way in, or maybe the pusher needs a little tweeking. Thanks for that info.
      Ernie has left the building[:p][:p]

Hey Doc...I'm down to 2 racks a day!!!

mgg

Hi, just a newbie. I'm enjoying the Christmas present. Speaking of things that make you say the d-word. The BSS came with a broken quartz tube. I've used it never-the-less for bratwurst,corned beef brisket,hawaiian jerky my wife said its good but too smokey. Oh BTW the cheese tastes like bong-water. I cut the edges off and resmoked it and prevented it from sweating and let it rest 1 week and still inedible. Back to the light tube. Casandra @ Bradley wasn't very helpful but, Chez bubba sold me a replacement. I still haven't installed it yet. I'm too busy of a practicing psychiatrist. But at least until I replace the tube I'm unplugging the bugger.
Ever been electrocuted? [:(]The unit was heated up and I was just placing the water bowl in and zing zing.  Speaking of Freud and psychiatry, the references to racks, sausages, butts, rubs,and oils and marinades have made me laugh nervously. [:D]
On different note, I think that the bubba-pucks are an inspired idea. I have been wondering about making a faux shell with foil to put other woods and dampened to fume a bit better. The bradley bisquettes seem to dissolve if they get moist.
Michael.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mgg</i>
<br />Hi, just a newbie. I'm enjoying the Christmas present. Speaking of things that make you say the d-word. The BSS came with a broken quartz tube . . . Oh BTW the cheese tastes like bong-water . . . Back to the light tube. Casandra @ Bradley wasn't very helpful . . .
Michael.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Forum, Michael.  I'm surprised that Bradley wasn't helpful, considering you had an old-style glass tube that arrived broken and your unit is under warranty . . . did they say why they wouldn't replace it?  Most/all of us have had excellent service from the Bradley folks . . .

Meanwhile, I haven't had the pleasure of tasting bong water--at least for a long time, but its an apt description.  The cheese should be really good smoked in a BS--give us the details (time, temp, wood, cheese type, etc) and maybe someone can shed some light on that problem, at least! [:)][8D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

jaeger

Michael,
I would agree with John. The nice thing about the Bradley is the ability to control the type of wood and the amount of smoke. Some woods are more mild than others. Try pecan and maple for a more mild smoke flavor. Some people prefer a more mild smoke flavor.
 Also, you mention that the Pucks dissolve a bit. I hope you did not dampen them for your smoked products. This would not be advised.
    Look around for some more recipes. I'm sure you and the misses will find something you enjoy![:)][:D][:)]

Fire that baby up and let us know how your projects are turning out.

Doug

Torchman

Well, MY problem got fixed. HOW....I haven't a CLUE!!! I popped it off, drank a beer, fiddled a bit....said "the hell with it".....and it worked!!! [8D]And I did cheese the other night, a small brick of mozerrela....cold smoked for an hour, wrapped and rested for a day. One of my favorite snacks are fried sticks my GF makes, and she calls me at work to ask if she can use the smoke cheese to make me some. HELL YA!!! And HELL YA!!! They were AMAZING!!! And, she went shopping yesterday, so I asked her to look at Sams to see how much Choice briskets were. You guessed it!!! I came home to smoked mozzerrela sticks, and a 14 lb choice brisket waiting for me!! So, I rubbed it last night, wrapped it up, and just put it (folded) on a rack waiting for the smoker to heat up!!! Life is GOOD!!! Wish me luck on my virgin cow!!![:D]