New Guy with New Toy

Started by The Spy-Guy, March 23, 2009, 02:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Spy-Guy

I have just purchased and received my new Jim Beam digital four rack smoker. Purchased on E-Bay for a great price. I have been using my Weber silver with several smoker boxes inside with great success for a few years. Thought I would upgrade to a real smoker and take on a few new projects. If it works half as well as the old Weber I will be very happy. I was not happy with the unit sitting on my deck so I looked for a way to raise it up to a better height. I read some posts to see how others have solved the problem and thought there has to be an easier way. I found in the local "K Mart" the perfect solution ( for me anyway ) at a cheap price. They have a unit made by Suncast called Utility Base it is made from resin and is 30 wide X 20 1/4 deep X 36 3/8 high. Holds 75 pounds. Brings the top of the smoker just under 6 feet. It goes together with no tools. Best of all the smoker fits right in side when your done. Cost was $51.74 not on sale. Looking ahead to lots of fun here.

Tenpoint5

Welcome aboard Spy-Guy. Make sure you venture over to the recipe site plenty to see and learn there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Spy-Guy;

Welcome to the forum.

I also use a chart. I purchased mine from Sam's Club. Sounds like it is similar to yours.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  I use a portable folding table.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Welcome to the forum. The Bradley is by far a great toy.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Mr Walleye

Hi Spy Guy and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you got things setup nicely. If you click on the smoker in the bottom of my post it will takr you to the recipe site. Lots of tried and true recipes from the fine folks here on the forum.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

welcome to the forum spyguy and enjoy

Smokin Soon

Spy-Guy, the Weber Silver is a great smoker, but needs way too much attention as to temps and smoke in my opinion. Yer gonna love yer Bradley! Just make sure you spend some quality time browsing here and on the recipe sight. No questions asked here will be ignored. Good luck and welcome to our forum!

KyNola

Spy-Guy,
Welcome to the forum.  You will be most happy with your purchase!

KyNola

Caneyscud

Man, that cabinet looks like the cat's meow.  Been looking for something to get the smoker off the deck - AND - someplace to store the smoke generator.  Welcome to the forum.  Grab hold - hold on - and have fun. 

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

sherlock

Welcome to our world, now the fun begins  8)

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum The Spy-Guy!

Smoking is addictive...

;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!