You cook and eat pork you need to see this.

Started by Oldman, March 24, 2009, 02:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

lumpy

This is why I freeze my pork for 2-3 weeks before I cook/smoke it. A little radical but look at what can happen. :P

Lumpy

Caneyscud

Eat more beef

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

manxman

Amazing footage...... good advert for handling and cooking food correctly!!
Manxman

NePaSmoKer

We all know about food safety or we wouldnt be here posting or enjoying our hobby. This post was out of content for the forum if you want to ask me. Why get everyone all worried about this.

My ¢2 worth

nepas

manxman

QuoteWe all know about food safety or we wouldnt be here posting or enjoying our hobby. This post was out of content for the forum if you want to ask me. Why get everyone all worried about this.

I thought it was an interesting rather than worrying post.

Incidents like this are very rare, and in most instances nowadays you would be very unlucky to get infected pork in the first place. Tie that in with the fact that most people know to be extra careful and make sure they freeze and / or cook pork adequately means that problems are few and far between.

But there are questions here on the forum from time to time about food safety and there are thousands of cases of food poisoning annually on both sides of the pond so the odd reminder doesn't go amiss.

My view for what it's worth.  :)

Manxman

Oldman

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 25, 2009, 07:11:37 AM
We all know about food safety or we wouldnt be here posting or enjoying our hobby. This post was out of content for the forum if you want to ask me. Why get everyone all worried about this.

My ¢2 worth

nepas
Been a few days since I first read your above reply. Over the years I've been on this board I've seen enough folks ask questions that from the nature of your reply you take for granted.

All I can say at this point is I did not ask you your 2¢ worth, and I will not ask you your 2¢ worth the next time before I post.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bigredsmoker

I agree with Olds. It's always good to have reminders every now and then that drive home the consequences of poor food handling. There are plenty of other posts on this board that have way less merit than this one. It didn't hurt anything to post it and if it saves even one person being sick it was worth the post.

Just my 2 cents.  ;)

Terry