Pulled the trigger...

Started by Murph, March 29, 2009, 02:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Quote from: Murph on March 30, 2009, 06:03:24 PM

BTW...checked the porch several times and no smoker box showed up.  Guess I shouldn't have been expecting next day service when I don't think it has even left the docks yet...that will give me more time to prepare.   

You know the old saying!  "A watched porch never produces eagerly anticipated boxes when you want them"!  Just forget it, take your mind away from the expectancy.  Preoccupy your mind on something else.  Look away!  and guess what!  It will suddenly appear!  It works every time!  Those UPS men are shy!  Something about the shorts I think!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Murph

I took Caneyscud's advice and stop watching the porch....and guess what....Christmas does come in March!!!   She's seasoning on the deck....I think I'm going to name her Betty.   ;D

Mr Walleye

Sweet... "Betty"... Murph!  :D

Congrats!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

At first, I thought that a Bradley and some pucks were all I needed. Then it happened.....the "after shock" of a Bradley set in! First comes the Auber PID, then some Bubba Pucks and jerky screens from Yard and Pool. But wait....these guys are doing Sausage! Here comes the grinder and a 5 pound stainless stuffer as well as a closet full of spice mixes, cure and casings. But wait.....these guys are doing Jerky! Here comes the Jerky gun from Cabella's with some stackable racks for the oven. But wait.....I need a Cabella's 80l Dehydrator to do this proper...my next purchase.

Also the ET-73 to monitor cook and cabinet temps, not to mention the high priced Thermapen. And then Hab's keeps posting pics of these beautiful cooks on his Treager Grill...It is an endless road I think. ???
But I love it!  ::) ;D :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 31, 2009, 04:38:31 PM
At first, I thought that a Bradley and some pucks were all I needed. Then it happened.....the "after shock" of a Bradley set in! First comes the Auber PID, then some Bubba Pucks and jerky screens from Yard and Pool. But wait....these guys are doing Sausage! Here comes the grinder and a 5 pound stainless stuffer as well as a closet full of spice mixes, cure and casings. But wait.....these guys are doing Jerky! Here comes the Jerky gun from Cabella's with some stackable racks for the oven. But wait.....I need a Cabella's 80l Dehydrator to do this proper...my next purchase.

Also the ET-73 to monitor cook and cabinet temps, not to mention the high priced Thermapen. And then Hab's keeps posting pics of these beautiful cooks on his Treager Grill...It is an endless road I think. ???
But I love it!  ::) ;D :D

Us Boys and our Toys (Yes theres a few ladies as well) That's what I keep telling Momma. "I'm a Boy I need new Toys" Hardly ever works though unless I use the Sex or New Toy card!!!! Got me a Thermapen with that one!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Quote from: Up In Smoke on March 31, 2009, 05:09:12 PM
The difference between a man and a boy is the PRICE of the toys!!!

And the Store...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

josbocc

OMG Smokin Soon,

I'm you..., just a couple of "toyools" behind.  You hit every one except for the thermapen and Traeger.  Guess it's time to do a little more research, followed by a bit more shopping  ;D ;D

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

bigredsmoker

Yes, a boy and his toys, but these toys pay dividends to the ladies. Once they taste what is produced from the Bradley they have a hard time saying no to any add ons. At least that has been my experience.

Anyway...welcome to the forum, I am sure you will be tasting sweet success in no time.

Terry