I'm trying a fatty!

Started by tssgery, March 29, 2009, 11:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tssgery

Inspired by others, I've decided to try a fatty...

I sautéed some onions and green pepper with some garlic, salt, pepper, and basil...

Made a weave of bacon (cause the weave will impress my wife!)

Put all the topping on some sweet italian sausage... I used a little pasta sauce, spinach, green pepper, onion, pepperoncini, mozzarella, and some 5 cheese tortellini

Here it is, ready to go in the smoker for a couple of hours of pecan

More when it comes out!

Mr Walleye

Very nicely done!  8)

Can't wait for the finished photos!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Up In Smoke

We are coming into a FATTYPALOOSA the ideas just keep rolling!
i think we should all get together and cater a cardiologists convention ;D ;D ;D
man that thing looks awesome.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

tssgery

Quote from: Up In Smoke on March 29, 2009, 01:21:10 PM

i think we should all get together and cater a cardiologists convention ;D ;D ;D

I thought about making a healthier version with Turkey Italian Sausage but didn't think it would hold together as well. So, I put spinach in it... spinach is healthy, right? ;)

Up In Smoke

Yup....it puts color in your cheeks!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

tssgery

Fresh out of the Bradley at an IT of 170...

westexasmoker

Thats not food....thats a work of art!  Outstanding!  Can't wait to see it cut!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

tssgery

just sliced it... it got two thumbs up from my 15 year old son!

Mr Walleye

Very very nice Tssgery!  8)

Mmmmm.....

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

tssgery

Taste is really good, but next time I'll use less sausage and more stuffin's  ;D

westexasmoker

I'll give ya 3 thumbs up!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

deb415611

Nice,  I really like the pasta in the middle.

pensrock

QuoteI thought about making a healthier version with Turkey Italian Sausage but didn't think it would hold together as well. So, I put spinach in it... spinach is healthy, right?

The turkey sausage will work just fine, all you need to do is double wrap it with bacon!  ;D

Smokin Soon

I really like that term "FATTYPALOOSA". The really cool thing about fatty's is that you really cannot screw up unless you over cook it. The possibilities are endless! And yes the turkey Italian sausage can be mixed in with the fatty, as well as ground turkey. It gives you the opportunity to explore whatever flavor you like. Sweet, Garlic, Spicy, Onion, or whatever. If you like a cheese flavor go with the hi-temp cheese
available from the sausage supply places. I have found that most of my fattys done with standard cheese have leaked out about 60% of what I mixed in.

Revrob220

Looks very very very tasty